XXVI

22 BBYGeonosis, Outer Rim

22 BBY
Geonosis, Outer Rim

Jaika let out a grunt as she was forced against a large stoned column. The girl sent the Geonosian that was in front of her a glare, as it flapped into the air to tie the chains that were attached to her handcuffs to the top of the stone. Now with her arms stretched above her head, Jaika felt somewhat defenseless. 

Looking around the large arena that the two Jedi were forced into, Jaika observed the thousands of Geonosians that sat in the stalls, chanting and cheering. Jaika had no idea what was about to happen to her and Obi-Wan, but guessing from the inhumane position she was put into, she guessed that it would not be good.  

Never before had Jaika felt so exposed, as she felt thousands of eyes burn into her with torment. She felt like a piece of meat, like she was prey that had been hunted and was about to be fed to the predators that stood at the top of the food chain. The Jedi had been put into many difficult situations in past missions before, but nothing that seemed so demeaning to her. "Damned bugs" Jaika cursed to herself.

Jaika let out a sigh as she imagined the worst. The girl was becoming a lot more confident with her Jedi abilities, and was even considering training to start the trials soon. But looking at the current position she was in, she thought that it might not be completely possible now. 

All of a sudden, the crowd's cheers amplified, as a movement stirred from another archway in the arena. Jaika frowned as she squinted her eyes in an attempt to amplify her vision and make out what was moving. The object moved closer as Jaika identified the moving chariot that was being towed by a Geonosian. Jaika noticed two people stood in the chariot and let out an annoyed sigh.

Glancing to her left, Jaika met Obi-Wan's gaze, who was restrained on the other side of the columns, leaving two empty between the two of them. Jaika could sense Obi-Wan's disappointment once he recognised who was in the chariot. 

Looking forward again, Jaika watched as the Geonosians forced Padmé and Anakin towards the columns. Jaika met Anakin's gaze, who wore a sheepish look on his face before he muttered a few things towards Obi-Wan. "Idiot." Jaika muttered to herself.

Jaika watched as Padmé was restrained beside her. The young Jedi didn't fail to notice her discreetly slipping something into her mouth, making Jaika smirk slightly as she knew Padmé wasn't the type to surrender easily. 

Lifting her gaze up to an opening that was sat high up in the stalls, Jaika watched as a few people walked out onto it, earning more cheers from the crowds. Jaika identified Dooku and a Geonosian, as well as Nute Gunray and Jango Fett. Her once tired eyes morphed into a glare, as the girl disliked everyone that was stood on the balcony.

She watched as the Geonosian ordered the crowds to be quiet before he spoke a few sentences in their tongue, which was a language Jaika could not understand. Looking forward, she saw guards riding strange animals towards four closed gates, before the gates started to slowly move up and open. Jaika knew that whatever ungodly creatures were in there would not be friendly.