Chapter 5: Hermione

TW!!! - sexual abuse, physical abuse.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling
____________________________________

She doesn't dream, she doesn't see anything. No pictures, or images, or memories playing out inside her head as she sleeps, but the voice doesn't stop.

"Mrs. Teelee's chamomile..."

"The same Granger..."

"Keep you safe..."

"This freckle's my favorite..."

"Find your gold again..."

"I even like your snores, don't tell Blaise..."

"No, actually this one's my favorite..."

Sometimes the voice stops for a while, but it always comes back again.

"Hate this bloody, gaudy piece of shit chair..."

"Merlin's tits, shut the fucking door when you use the bathroom..."

"Tell him we have to re-schedule, I'm not having them around her..."

"Theo, fuck off, I've slept. I'm not moving."

"Listen mate, she is out, just go lay down for an hour or two. You've been sitting in that chair, or laying on the floor for two days. If you don't recall, I did save her life. I think I am quite capable of sitting here and making sure she continues to breathe."

"I said fuck off."

"Shit, I forgot how much of a joy you are in the mornings. Have it your way. I'm going to go make some food. You want anything?"

"No."

"A big pancake with a chocolate syrup smiley face coming right up!"

She hears a door shut.

She's awake, but decides to keep her eyes closed.

She hears someone shuffling somewhere above her.

"He is insufferable at times Granger, but he can bloody cook."

He is talking to me? Does he know I'm awake?
His voice sounds a lot like the one from when you were sleeping.
You know that voice...
Slytherin.
Obnoxiously bright blonde hair.
With a personality sometimes as ugly as his appearance was attractive.
You punched him once.
He watched you be tortured another.
You secretly have called him your frenemy for quite some time.
Malfoy.

"You two are a lot alike actually, I think you'll get along pretty well. He is an easy guy to like once he lets you in."

His voice stops, and she feels the blanket around her move up closer to her chin.

She has to be dreaming. Or hallucinating. She has done that before. She had hallucinated all kinds of scenarios and scenes in her mind that she convinced herself were real.

Of Harry and Ron saving her.

Of sitting at her favorite table in the library at Hogwarts with a large cup of her favorite tea.

Of watching her parents garden in the backyard together.

A hallucination of Malfoy talking to her as she sleeps, very comfortably she might add, is a new one.

But it feels good.

No, it feels great, and she doesn't care that it isn't real. She feels great, if only for a few short minutes before he comes back, and begins to destroy her all over again.