twenty six

Padme held Lalla in her arms, the senator holding back tears as she held the Jedi. Lalla kept her eyes closed, holding Padme and the baby tight, protecting them best she could.

Lalla pulled away, looking at Padme with sad eyes. They both knew what was happening, and both didn't want to admit it.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Lalla asked, Padme shaking her head as she looked toward the floor.

"Yesterday"

"Where did he tell you he was going" The jedi asked, knowing Ani always told Padme before he left for somewhere.

"no"

"Padme, as strong minded as you are, i'm stronger. You can't lie to me about this, about my brother" Lalla said quickly, her voice cracking slightly as Padme walked away from her, looking out on the city.

"Is he in danger?" Was all the Senator asked, turning back toward Lalla.

"He is"

"From the sith?"

"From himself" Obi-Wan said finally. He hadn't spoken a word since they had arrived, letting the women comfort each other in peace.

"Anakin has turned to the dark side" Obi continued, Lalla watching as Padme's eyes filled with fear.

"You're wrong. How could even say that! Lalla why is he saying this?" She asked quickly, looking toward the girl. Lalla just stayed silent, walking toward the two

"He's telling the truth Padme, that is why we need to know where he is. I need to try and save him" She said with as steady of a voice as she could.

Padme just looked at them in disbelief, looking down, Lalla's eyes following as the Senators hand moved to rest on her stomach.

"I don't believe- how could he? He's-" Padme mumbled, stumbling over her words as she sat down.

Obi-Wan looked over at Lalla before turning to walk back to the ship they took. She watched he stopped, staring at the ground before turning back toward the Senator.

"Anakin is the father isn't he?" He asked softly, Lalla forcing herself to look away as Padme nodded. She felt as Padme tried to make eye contact, Lalla ignoring it as she quickly walked away, following Obi-Wan. She listened as Obi-Wan mumbled an apology toward the Senator, her pushing past him as she climbed into the back seat of the ship. Her eyes stared at the seat in front of her, blinking quite aggressively to rid the tears.

Lalla sat in front of Obi-Wan, watching as he closed the door with the force. She stared at her hands, feeling the force shift around her as Anakin got closer and closer.

"Lalla, you'll be able to do this" Obi-Wan said, taking her hand in his own. She glanced up at him, nodding a bit as she got lost in his eyes for a moment.

"I love you" He mumbled, her fully focusing on him now as she put her free hand on his cheek, bringing his lips to her own. She felt her eyes flutter shut as they touched, the feeling of tranquility washing over her.

"I love you more Obi" She said into his lips, feeling him smile a bit.

"You truly are my light in all the darkness, my angel" The jedi said, pulling away from her slightly. She looked into his eyes, finding nothing but the truth as she smile a bit.

"I've missed that smile" He whispered, his finger moving to poke her dimple lightly. The smile was sad, but it was a smile nonetheless.

They both jerked slightly, feeling the ship land. They exchanged one more loving look as they stood, keeping quiet as they heard Padme walk by the small room.