twenty-three

i didn't proof read this so if u see any spelling mistakes or errors.. no you didn't.

Your heart racing and your palms sweating, you gripped ahold of the bouquet of flowers.

Dutch was kind enough to accompany you down the isle, since you had no father figure to walk you down. He was a nice man.. to you anyways.

As you linked arms with him, he soon noticed your shaky figure and turned his gaze to you.

"What're you scared of?"

His sudden deep voice made you jump and snap your head towards him quickly. You inhaled slowly.

"I.. haven't been married before." You looked down at your pearly white dress with uncertainty.

Dutch hummed.

"Let alone to a woman.." you added. "It's not like.. I don't love Revy, I do! It's just.. in a short time of knowing her. She wouldn't take no for an answer."

Your grip slightly tightened on the stem of the bunched flowers and Dutch let your words sink in slowly. He kept his cool composure and tried his best to comfort you; he hadn't dealt with a situation like this before.

"Revy loves you, yes. There's nothing to be afraid of, today will go just fine for you." He peered down at you and formed a soft smile.

You found yourself smiling back, looking forwards towards the large doors in front of you after taking a deep breath.

The doors opened and your eyes widened as soon as you were met with a large amount of smartly dressed men. You noticed a woman you didn't recognise. Long, very bright pink hair and a cream trenchcoat.

You immediately looked up to Dutch for answers and he brought his hand around from his back, showing a downwards gesture.

"It's okay, don't worry."

You put your trust in him and looked forwards again, locking eyes with Revy from afar. You noticed her smug smile and her appealing white tuxedo. Your heart skipped a beat upon the rare sight and a smile ran across your lips.

The piano chimed, everyone rose from their seat and 'Here Comes the Bride' began to play softly.

You swallowed thickly and gripped onto Dutch's forearm tightly. He noticed your sudden action and made sure you wouldn't break out into a panic.

He lead you down the isle slowly, all eyes on the both of you.

The woman you saw before, had her eyes glued to you with a very delicate smile. You exchanged an awkward glance with her for a second and immediately looked ahead again, at Revy.

Revy stood with hands behind her back. She admired you, eyes full of lust and love as you grew closer to her along the isle.

You still had many questions about the several smartly dressed men all around you. Perhaps they were with that woman.. or maybe they were here to just fill in the gaps and play the roles of 'family members' that weren't there; and maybe Revy paid them. You'd soon find out anyways.

As you reached the end with Dutch, you let go of his arm and nervously stood before Revy. Your fingers grew white from how hard you were gripping the flowers.

The tune stopped, your heartbeat could be heard in your ears. From beneath your veil, you looked over towards Dutch and he noticed your movement. He gave a small nod and you looked up to Revy again.

She stared at you with an ongoing smile. You could see it in her eyes, how badly she wanted to lunge forwards, kiss you and hold you in her arms.

The next few minutes for you were all a blur. The priests' voice was nothing but white noise. Your worry and fear had shrouded your senses and all you could do was stare forwards at your future wife. You kept telling yourself in your head that this is what you wanted, that you wanted to marry Revy and spend the rest of your life with her.

She slowly lifted up your veil and this action snapped you out of your trance and made your eyes widen slightly. A small gasp escaped your lips and Revy kept smiling with pure glee.

"Rebecca Lee, do you take Y/n L/n to be your lawful, wedded wife."

Revy kept staring into your eyes, her lips parted to speak.

"I do."

The priest then turned to you.

"Y/n L/n, do you take Rebecca Lee to be your-"

He was cut off by the sudden boom of the main doors flying open. Everyone stood up to face the source of the commotion.

"Police! Everyone down on the ground."

You gasped in fear, Revy wasted no time grabbing onto your wrist to pull you along. You dropped the flowers and looked back at shots firing from the dressed men first.

"R-Revy..!"

You spoke in a slight gasp.

She turned around to you to hoist you up but you suddenly fell to the ground as a stray bullet made contact with your left thigh.

You gasped again, the pain shooting throughout your leg and a scream of agony escaping your lips.

Revy stared in horror, her shock soon forming into rage.

With a swift moment, she pulled her dual pistols out from under her blazer and began shooting back at the police.

"DUTCH! GET HER OUT OF HER!" She yelled.

Dutch wasted no time swivelling around the bullets being fired in the wedding hall.

You winced as he picked you up and threw you over his shoulder. You stifled a sob and noticed how the priest had been shot dead in just a matter of seconds.

Blood soaked through your white dress and you struggled to keep consciousness from sudden blood loss. But Dutch carried you out of there safely.

The last thing you saw was Revy.