16.

"I didn't think you were going to come back." Jungkook whispered as he hugged Taehyung closer. He felt the need to have him closer than he already did.

"I've been busy." He responded as he looked across the room.

They laid in bed naked and wrapped in the covers. Taehyung wasn't driven by emotion. He liked Jungkook and his company, but didn't need it. It was really fun to be around him and the sex was great. Things had just changed and he could tell.

At first, their connection was strictly for sex and Jungkook slowly started falling in love. The only difference was that Taehyung never did. He cared for him...he really did. It just wasn't enough for to stick around.

That's why he had picked Jimin so quickly. It was because they were both the same and looked for the same thing. He knew the reason Jimin was with him was for the money and power.

Taehyung was okay with that because he only the only reason that he wanted Jimin to begin with was for the sex.

What Jungkook was seeking from his was the complete opposite. If the circumstances were different and he had fallen in love too then maybe they'd be together.

"Will you come back?"

"Of course. I should really get going. I'm a busy man." He chuckled.

Jungkook sat up. He put the covers on his lap. Taehyung got up himself and walked over to get his clothes.

He wasn't embarrassed to walk around naked and Jungkook was different. He still got shy over being naked around him or anyone else.

"Here you go love. Thank you."

Jungkook looked at the black envelope on his hand. His heart sunk a little at the gesture. "Why can't you ever not pay me? Just once, I want to feel like we're doing this out of affection and not money."

Taehyung sat next to him and slowly caressed his face. "I'm not doing it to make you feel bad. I want to take care of you. Accept my money. It's not for the sex, it's for your well being."

Jungkook hesitated, but at last took it. This always made him feel dirty. Why couldn't Taehyung just not pay him with money but with love instead?

"Look at me Jungkook,"

He slowly brought up his gaze. There was sadness all over his face and that physically hurt Taehyung. It was so sad to say goodbye. He should've done it long ago before any real attachment and feelings were involved.

The selfish truth was that he liked the way Jungkook made him feel. He enjoyed the love and the devotion even if there wasn't any reciprocity.

"Thank you for the company you've given me and for all your affection. You're a good person, you know that? You're really good." He said as he pulled him in for a hug.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows confused. Why did this feel like a goodbye? And why did his heart feel so heavy?

"I will always take care of you Jungkook. You've been so good to me."

Yet that wasn't enough to make him fall in love.

•••

Yoongi kept staring at the wall holding his place intact. Over the years, after many hours of protecting and guarding Taehyung he had managed to learn to stand as firm as a tree. He had also learned to block out noises.

The one thing he could just not stand was to hear people play with their food. As much as he tried to zone out Jimin building a tower with his fruit, he just couldn't.