Chapter 8

Pakkun and Jiro were searching for the people when they saw two people in a black cloak with red clouds over it. Next to them was a bird holding Gaara.

"I will follow them, you go back and inform others," said Jiro.

"Alright. However, for your safety I will leave them here," said Pakkun as he vanished in a smoke cloud.

"You dogs are so cool," said Jiro, and the seven dogs puffed up in pride.

"You know we are distant relatives, kind of. Dogs and foxes belong to the same family," said Jiro. He then stopped and pointed towards the two figures.

"Suppress your chakra as much as you can and disperse," said Jiro as Deidara and Sasori could be seen looking around.

After they made sure that no one was around them, they jumped from the cliff and down on a rock in between a waterfall.

'Any closer and I will be detected. It is guarded by a complex array of seals, which only Jiraiya or Naruto nii san can break,' thought Jiro.

'But I can still feel their chakra signature, so this isn't a secret passageway, rather, it is a secret base,' he thought, as he made a map of the surroundings.

All of a sudden he felt a burst of chakra.

'It's similar to boss's chakra. That means they have started extracting the tailed beast. This is faster than what Jiraiya sama had told us. But well, they had flown for half of the course so that is to be expected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pakkun had come with the information that Akatsuki members were found.

"Alright, let's head out," said Temari, when Baki intervened.

"Sorry Temari, there is an order from higher up that you cannot go," said Baki.

"WHAT! But these Konoha shinobi have come such a long way, how can I not go?" asked Temari.

"They are saying that with the absence of Kazekage, other villages might do something. So they need you to patrol the borders," said Baki.

"But then who will go with them?" asked Temari.

"I will," came a voice. They all looked up to see Chiyo standing on the top of the valley.

"B-but..." started Baki.

"I am already retired, I can do whatever I want to," she said.

"But you shouldn't overdo it at this age," said a girl of Temari's squad.

"Don't you dare treat me like an old woman," she said as she jumped down.

"I am the only Suna shinobi you need. I haven't doted my dear grandson for a while after all," said Chiyo.

"Alright granny," said Naruto with a grin. He then turned to Sai.

"Sai, I know you're tired as well. Stay back, we can handle from here," said Naruto.

"But won't you need transportation?" asked Sai.

"We can handle it," said Naruto with a smile and Sai nodded.

"Okay," he replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto and the team were almost halfway when Jiro appeared in front of them.

"Naruto nii, here's the map," said Jiro as he handed him a scroll.

Naruto along with Kakashi and Pakkun sat as Jiro was explaining the terrain and stuff while Shikamaru had closed his eyes and was listening to what Jiro said.