Chapter 11.2

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully.

Ariel , Vedika and Leonard sat at the Gryffindor Table . Everyone was chattering loudly - Why wouldn't they ? Saint Potter and his gang had just saved the school's arses ...................or in Ariel's words- Poked their nose into unnecessary business and somehow came out Alive .

"And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were . . . you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. . . . Now, as I understand it, the House Cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two."

A storm of cheering broke out from the Slytherins . Ariel Visibly sunk back down in her seat . This year had been anything but Nice . First-She gets the worst birthday , then her father popped out of nowhere , then Potter entered and he won't stop bugging her , then he also made into the quidditch team despite being under aged . And now-they couldn't play in the years's quidditch finals due to their precious seeker potter being injured .And now he just plays the hero by defeating their two headed professor , but did it all do anything good for Ariel ? No .

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore.

"However, recent events must be taken into account."

The room went very still. The Slytherins' smiles faded a little.Ariel waited in anticipation . Leonard and Vedika exchanged a look.

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes . . .
"First - to Mr. Ronald Weasley . . ."

Ariel saw The youngest Weasley Boy going purple in the face; he looked like a radish with a bad sunburn.

". . . for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor House fifty points."

Ariel's eyes widened and her head snapped towards where Potter was sitting with his gang .Gryffindor cheers nearly raised the bewitched ceiling; the stars overhead seemed to quiver.

At last there was silence again.

"Second - to Miss Hermione Granger . . . for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor House fifty points."

Ariel saw Granger , the all so ever curious and intelligent girl who had actually been quite polite and friendly to Ariel when they had talks in the library, bury her face in her hands .

"And next -To Mr. Harry Potter "

The cheers dies down in the blink of an eye as everyone stared at Potter . That was when Ariel realized what was happening . Dumbledore was being the impartial git as always . He hadn't handed off such points to any other houses or students . Like - the time when Vedika managed to control six Hippogriffs on her own that could have potentially killed people of their class, the incident being of the same year . Nor did he hand out points when Ariel found that a Slytherin girl saved a whole classroom from blowing up due to a first year's mistake. As Ariel realized this , her frown deepened .

". . . for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House sixty points."

Vedika and Leonard cheered , they were now tying with the Slytherin's . But Ariel...................even though she was happy about the fact that Gryffindor won the house cup - was not at all supportive of this impartiality . She brought herself to clap , but there was this feeling in her head- almost a gut feeling - That told her something wrong was about to happen.

"There are all kinds of courage," said Dumbledore, smiling.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom."

Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place, so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table.Ariel smiled , but the feeling in her stomach was bubbling . She sensed a pair of eyes on herself as the Gryffindor's still cheered . She looked up abruptly around the Hall , but she saw no one looking at here . Though , she could have sworn she saw a black cape disappear behind the gates on the Great Hall when she glanced in the direction .

"Which means," Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, for even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were celebrating the downfall of Slytherin,

"we need a little change of decoration."

He clapped his hands. In an instant, the green hangings became scarlet and the silver became gold; the huge Slytherin serpent vanished and a towering Gryffindor lion took its place. In the midst of Chaos ...........No one noticed not one , two , but three people stare at Ariel , Different thoughts going on in each of their heads .