Chapter 9

!Important!
Up until now the gender of (Y/N) wasn't mentioned.

Because somebody asked about the readers gender and because it is easier to write with pronouns, here is a poll:
Is the reader for this story
female (she/her)
male (he/him)
or
gender neutral (they/them)?

(I wanted to ask this way earlier but I always forgot. Theoretically, I could decide for myself but why not ask the people who read this. I mean, it doesn't affect the plot itself and I am ok with writing any of those.)

'Oh my god, I will never ever again try to walk in the wild by myself

'Oh my god, I will never ever again try to walk in the wild by myself. Nope.'

On your way to the statue of the Seven in Windrise you made a few unfortunate encounters with various monsters. Since you and Rosa don't possess any weapons or the needed fighting abilities, you pretty much ran the whole way to the huge tree.

To replenish some of your energy, you sit down on a nearby stone together with your companion who mimics your exhausted form.

After glancing at Rosa in a threatening way, it leaves its place and floats in front of you. It claps its ears and after a few claps a Sunsettia appears out of nowhere. 

You pick it and look at the orb with disbelieve. 'How. Just how. You're a Seelie and not a magician... Can you do it again?'

The Seelie nods. Leaning forward you observe every movement. Clap, clap, clap. Another fruit appears out of nowhere. There is no clue hinting at how Rosa is able to do it.

In the background you hear somebody die of laughter. In a tree nearby you see Venti the Bard obviously amused of you.

'What's so funny?'

He wipes one of his tears away. 'That look on your face. Wanna see a magic trick?'

Rosa starts clapping again. Venti takes a fruit in his hands and lets it disappear, only for it to reappear over the Seelie.

'That's mean. How am I supposed to know that its you who uses his elemental powers?'

'Well, I thought that you had a higher awareness of your surroundings. Guess I was wrong.', the smirk alone tells you how much enjoyment he gets from this conversation.

'This could also be called bullying.'

Venti jumps down the tree and offers you a Sunsettia. 'Originally, I wanted to give you these in a normal way, but then your friend randomly decided to clap with its ears so I decided to make a more interesting appearance. Never would I want you to feel bad - It just ended up more amusing than I expected.' Even though he tells you this with the same smirks like before you can see sincerity in his eyes as the reddish sun sets.

'Damn it, I forgot Aether.'

'I am sorry to cut our meeting short but I promised somebody to met him when the sun sets. I am already late. Bye-bye!'

The bard sighs at your disappearing form.

You reach the Statue of the Seven in Windrise when the sun has almost completely disappeared from the sky, leaving the moon to take its place.

Next to the huge tree a figure walking up and down is visible. Another floating figure looks around frantically and spots you. 'There! Someone is approaching! Since there is a Seelie too, Paimon thinks that this is the person who we're waiting for!'

Both of them run towards you.

'Sorry for keeping you waiting. We ran into a few monsters and an acquaintance so the way took us a bit longer than planned.', you say scratching your head with an apologetic smile.

'That's not that much of a problem. You just made me worry whether or not you would come. Please tell me everything you know about my sister. Where is she now?', he pleads with desperate hope in his eyes.

'Ehh, where do I start? Before I tell you anything, I have to note down that anything I say isn't guaranteed to be true.'

'And why is that so?'

'Well... Because everything I know is based on something like a dream?'

Now the traveler doesn't seem as hopeful as he was before. 'You... requested us to come here just because of a dream?'

'I know - not the most trustworthy source but hear me out. Taking into consideration that I was able to recognize you without ever seeing or hearing you that dream can't be too far for reality. The dream started with you and your sister getting attacked by someone... who was, I think, a god?  At least that person was overpowered and had long white hair. The god then separated you and your sibling by turning you into cubes. Could this be what happened?'

The hope returned into the males eyes. 'Yes, this is accurate. How come that you dreamed about it?'

'Because everything I tell people is a partial lie.'

'Don't know..? I dreamt of strange things since I was a child. This isn't the only occasion it happened. Anyways, about your sister, she is doing well... I think?'

'You think?'

'She is unharmed and so on, but ehh... she is in a strange position? You will see soon enough in which one. Be warned: If things happen the same way they happened in my dream, she won't be willing to leave this world with you.'

'Can't you just tell me where she is? Please.'

'I... don't think I should. Telling people about the future can have catastrophic consequences. I am sorry.'

Aether sighs. 'Nevertheless, thank you for telling me that she is doing well at least. Will I meet her soon?'

'Not tomorrow, but soon.'

'Alright. I... probably should get going. Maybe we will see each other in the future...', the traveler says with sadness and disappointment in his voice.

'No, wait!', you grab his hand, 'If it is ok with you, please let me travel with you! I am not strong or anything, but I genuinely want to help you find your sister. There are just so many mysteries concerning this land that I can't tell who is right and who is wrong. I will do my best to help and guide you, so please.'

The blonde looks into your pleading eyes for a timespan which feels like years. 'Yes, you can if you want. Or what do you think Paimon?'

'Paimon actually doesn't care. As long as you are aware that we don't have food for four people, you can travel with us.'

You smile brightly. 'Rosa, high five!'

Meanwhile, a pair of aqua green eyes watche the whole scene with great interest.

 'Rosa, high five!'
Meanwhile, a pair of aqua green eyes watche the whole scene with great interest

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!