Chapter 38

"I see, so Paterson helps with handling your wealth" Watson mumbled as I explained what was in the papers as I was checking them.

"Yes, and it seems I have some problems to sort out, I'm even behind on paperwork so after this, I will be busy for a while so don't expect a visit soon" I warned Sherlock and he pouted with his head on my shoulder and he was nudging my head with his to get my attention away from the paper.

Lestrade and Paterson then went off somewhere else "Sherlock, I know its to exonerate this man, but are you certain you want to search the Yard for a hidden ledger?" Watson asked.

"John, I told you the true story behind the Jack the Ripper case, right? There's something I need to verify for myself" Sherlock explained as he raised his head from my shoulder.

"I see" Watson mumbled.

Sherlock looked annoyed, he must be annoyed that he's playing right into our hands and can't do anything we didn't have planned for him to do unless he wants the innocent to be killed.

"Arrgh!" He yelled making Watson flinch.

I just pat his head when he crouched down pulling at his hair.

He looked to me surprised and he seemed calmer "No disappearing or I'm going to shoot a wall again" Sherlock warned me.

"Why would I care about a wall?" I laughed.

"Please don't," Watson asked of him.

"It's time" Lestrade came up to us.

"Shouldn't you do this without me?" I asked

"You're trying to disappear" Sherlock accused me and poked my cheek.

I sighed "Do you think I can run?" I asked.

"Yeah I know, I can carry you while running like last time" He grinned.

"When did that happen?" Watson asked.

"Its our little secret" Sherlock said happily as he put his finger on my lips to keep me quiet.

"Banshee" I grinned and he blushed from embarrassment.

"Well, I guess let's go" I accepted my fate "My cane might get some new victims finally."

Lestrade was shocked while Sherlock laughed loudly, we went to the second floor to get to the room where Bond should be now.

The officers looked like they have just woken up confirming Bond is in there "Inspector Lestrade, this is a restricted area" One spoke up.

"And were you sleeping just now?" I asked.

"No!" They answered and it was very obvious they were lying.

"I have business in the classified materials room" Lestrade informed them and took out the key I gave him to act as the key to the room "As you can see, I have the key given to me by Chief Inspector Arterton."

I pat his back showing he's doing a great job so far "Holmes" Lestrade gave him the key.

"We had not been informed that you were coming, inspector" One spoke up as Sherlock lock picked the door.

"This is something that came up rather suddenly" The other one added, "So these three are?"

"Let's go" Sherlock got the door open.

"Inspector!" One yelled when he didn't answer.

"These three are helping with the investigation, they also have Chief inspector Arterton's authorization" Lestrade spat out nervously as we walked by.