Chapter 21: Esme's Case #1

Mathew woke up and got dressed he knew what today was.
The day that he and Charlie contact Esme Beithir. And hopefully they would get answers for Ender's sake. An for their curiousness.

Once he was done he immediately told everyone that there was gonna be a meeting. Once everyone was arrived, he immediately told them what was gonna on, but not the whole truth.

"I need to leave for awhile but I should be back before dinner, if not then maybe a bit after. But I want you all to know that Simon and Eric are in charge and that if anything bad happens. You know to contact me.

You will listen to them, you know what the consequences will be if you don't." They all nodded understanding.

"Ender baby, I need something do you mind getting it for me?"

"I help!" Ender jumped up and waited for him to tell him what it is.

Mathew kneeled in front of him.
"I need my briefcase that's in my room, you know where it is right?" Ender nodded and immediately went to go and get it.

"Your meeting Ender's mom aren't you?" Eric asked.

He nodded silently.

"I'm first seeing if she's safe to be around him. Though I have low hopes.
I'll see what the future holds for him. I don't want him knowing. So please don't say anything to him."

They all nodded their heads and looked behind him. When they hear footsteps running behind him.

"Ender what have I said about running?" Mathew said with a fond smile.

"Running leads to injuries which leads to a sad dragon." Ender said looking down feeling guilty.

"Good baby Dragon." Mathew said kneeling down to him and giving him a kiss to his head. And kissing the others who accepted it gratefully.

"I'll see you all later, remember to be good."

They all gave their own affirmatives. Watching him go into his car and leave, waving to him.

Ender watched sadly as Mathew leaves. He didn't like to watch him leave 

"TV?" Ender asked.

"Sure Endy, Simon needs to make breakfast anyway so it'll be a bit." Asher said leading him to the living room.

Ender nods his head excitedly and runs to the living room. They all chuckled and went with him. Simon though goes to the kitchen and starts on making the food.

An hour later the breakfast is done, they all went to their seat and went to their seats. Once everyone sat down they all started eating.

All except for Ender.

He's used to the rule now, that he had to wait for for Mathew to sit down and tell them that it was okay.
The others noticed this, him just sitting there and waiting.

Eric and Simon know that they needed to do something. They both got up And went over to his seat, they silently told the others to continue eating. An they all did, they all continued eating as they talked to Ender.

"Ender baby, you need to eat." Simon said first.

"Wait for Math." Ender said.

They chuckled at his nickname for him.

"Baby, Mathew is gonna be gone all day, so it's okay that you eat without him. Just for today. He gave us permission to eat when he leaves." Eric said.

"No! You wait, told us."

"Baby, you need to eat your getting better, you can't not eat all day." Simon tried.

"How about I call him, tell him what's going on and he can give Ender permission that way." Eric said as they both stood up and tried to think of ways for Ender to eat.

"That's a good idea, I'll go call him." Simon said taking out his phone and dialing Mathews number.

"Hey Mathew....no everything's okay, but Enders not eating. He's saying that because your not here he's not allowed to eat. Your rules.....We thought that maybe if you tell him directly that it's okay he'll eat. But I might call you at lunch as well just so that he knows it's okay for today....okay hold on."

Simon went over to Ender and kneeled down by his side.

"Hey Ender someone's on the phone for you."

"Hey Ender I hear that your not eating." Mathew started.

"Not here, can't." Ender said wanting to be good. But doesn't realize that he's being the opposite. Not that he's really being bad. Mathew does love that he's trying to follow the rules.

"Ender, I gave you permission that you guys can eat without me being there. I didn't voice it, but it was applied when I leave that you can. That's why I put Simon and Eric in charge, so now you have to wait for them to be there to eat. Just for today okay?" Mathew said.

"See you?" Ender asked hitting the camera button on the phone. He wants to video chat.

"Okay I will only because I'm not there yet." Mathew said as he accepted the video call.

His face popped up and Ender's mood immediately brightens up at seeing him. Mathew smiled and encouraged him to eat his breakfast which he immediately did.

"Your a good boy Ender, but I need you to eat all day okay. I appreciate that you want to wait for me that is the rules but when I'm gone, I still need you to eat. Okay?" Mathew asked.

Ender looked down, not wanting to agree.

"If you do I'll get you a very shiny object." Mathew tried.

Ender looked up, Mathew can tell that he wanted to agree. So when Ender nodded his head, he smiled himself.

"Tell the others that I'll get them something too, but they need to be good okay?" Mathew said.
Ender looked up at the others and they all nodded and smiled themselves.

"They hear." He said with a happy smile eating more and kicking his legs happily.

"Okay be good you hear. And make sure you eat at lunch."

He nodded his head, and continued to eat. When he was done, he put his dishes away and took the phone to his room and went to play.

Not realizing that.
One the phone wasn't his.
An two, that Mathew would have to leave soon.

"Ender, this is Simon's phone Baby. He's gonna need it back, and I need to leave okay?"

"Call soon?"

"I can try, I love you Baby Dragon."

"Love Daddy Dragon."

Mathew stopped for a second, this is the first time that he's called him that. He's not gonna lie and say that he didn't like it, he really does.

"I'll call Simon's phone as soon as I can, okay?"

"Okay." He said and gave the phone to Simon. The information being repeated back to Simon, and ended the call.

"Okay Ender let's go an play!"

"Okay!"