XLVII

content warning: detailed description of death, explosives ect..

four years ago

third person pov

wilbur darted down the hall, into the throne room that began to fill with fumes. the older teen came to a hault, behind one of the many marble pillars that lined the room, once he heard a voice.

"i thought i would find you here, your highness." another brunette uttered, strolling into the room from the far right side.

the male, not yet twenty years of age, grinned. his brown hair was swept off of his face, held in place by a pair of white rimmed goggles.

he dragged his blackened sword against the stone flooring, an eerie screeching being the product of the metal against rock.

the man was decked out in blackened armour, a midnight blue cloak hung from his shoulders.

"but, where is your guard?" the armoured male smirked, staring up at eret who sat peacefully on their throne.

"nice to see you again, george." they spoke lightly, the corners of their mouth turning upwards.

george frowned, ascending the steps that led up to the throne. he gripped the collar of erets shirt, jolting them closer to his face.

wilbur jumped at his, contemplating going to help the king.

this didnt go unnoticed by eret, their white eyes shifted to the side, locking onto wilburs brown ones.

they shook their head side to side a fraction of an inch, before fixing their gaze back onto george, who had them pinned against the brass throne.

"you know, i really thought you would be fighting back, or at least try to escape." george threw eret back against the throne, the back of their head making a dull clanking sound against the metal.

the orange light from outside grew brighter, casting the warm glow across the room as more explosives went off around the castle.

george turned his body, scanning the room, a smile on his features.

"i dont wish to fight you, george." eret spoke, causing george to whip his head back around.

the smile dropping and turning into a scowl, he gripped the blade of his sword, striking the king with the handle of his weapon.

erets head flew back from the force, their aviators that rested on the bridge of their nose went flying across the room,
blood forming around the corner of their lips and dripping down their nose.

more explosions went off, from the left side of the castle. wilbur froze for a moment, whipping  his head in the direction of the noise.

realisation struck that the sound was originating from the place he had left y/n.

the brunette immediately sprinted out of the room, back down the hallway towards where he had left the younger teen.

george squinted at the king before him, bending down so he was face to face with the injured royal.

"surrender. give up, eret. let me be king. you know im not a bad guy, i dont wish to harm you." george spat, his left hand gripping the back of the throne as he leaned in close.

"youll never be king, george. not to my people. not to anyone. youll never be legitimate." eret opined, gripping the armrests of the throne.

"my family have ruled these lands graciously over decades, and we will continue to do so." eret continued.

george pulled back, gripping his sword in his right hand. a small smirk graced his lips as he raised the blade, pricking his left index finger with the sharp point.

the younger male shifted his gaze, eyeing the king that sat weakly before him.

george drew close, clasping the hilt of his sword with both hands, and with an instantaneous motion he rammed the blade into erets chest.

the light eyed king jolted at the impact, letting out a deflated wince, their body freezing around the cool metal.

a sickly dark red dripped from their mouth, staining their pale features.

erets widened eyes scanned georges every movement. a mixture of fear and acceptance of their fate, glossed over their eyes. 

the young male bent down close, leaning next to erets head. the elders grip on the throne becoming weak.

"i wouldnt bet on it." george whispered into their ear, as eret took their last raspy breath.

*^*^*^*

"dream come back- george needs us now." punz yelled from a distance as the younger male darted back into the now destroyed room. the blond teens eyes scanning through the rubble, his sights catching on a figure that lay amongst the wreckage.

dream dodged large chunks of marble debris as he drew in closer, bending down to study the small form that lay in the dust, bleeding out.

he instinctively moved their hair off of their face, getting a better look at the unconscious human.

his breathing hitched when he noticed the deep gash on their head, the male ripping part of his cloak and pressing the green fabric to their temple.

punz followed into the wreckage, by the doorway. he placed his hands on his hips, staring at dream.

the green eyed teen looked up, making eye contact with the mercenary.

"i cant just leave them." he mumbled at punz, fixing his gaze back onto the younger teen that laid before him.

"tell george ill meet you both later- dont mention this...please." dream added, not looking away from the injured teen.

punz shook his head, leaving back the way he had come.

wilbur sprinted down the now rubble filled hallway, clouds of dust just beginning to settle as the older teen muttered profanities under his breath.

"im such an idiot- ive lost them both- i couldnt keep my word-"

he barged through the half torn down doors that led into the room he had last seen y/n in, his brown eyes scanning the room frantically.

his worried expression dropping to an angered one when his eyes set on y/n, being carried by a blond male in full netherite armour.

"get your hands off of them." he yelled, reaching for his sword that sat at his hip.

dream turned to face wilbur, his fern eyes meeting with wilburs.

"i was just helping-"

wilbur stepped forward, basically snatching y/ns unconscious body from the knight.

the taller male wrapped his arms around their smaller form, carrying them bridal style. he grimaced at dream as he walked away, stepping over the debris that lined the once beautiful stone floor.

dream watched as wilbur left, a frown resting on his features. his eyes set to the floor, the male noticing a silver chain amongst the rubble.

the teen bent down, picking the jewellery up. dream held it up, the chain swinging back and forth. attached to it was a

rose quartz.

a/n- i got two tattoos today,, also woo backstory.. ((this isn't what phil is telling y/n, this is an exact depiction of what happened)) vote n comment <33