Chapter 49 ~ Nationals

The thumping in my ears overrides the violent noise assaulting me from around

The thumping in my ears overrides the violent noise assaulting me from around. I can see people jumping and cheering, running onto the field in fits of joy.

My blood pumps erratically through my veins as I remove my helmet allowing more noise into my brain. Sweat trickles down my forehead but I make no attempt to wipe it away, my whole body is a distant ache. My eyes have one purpose, scanning the bottom row of bleachers.

The air is thick and muggy as the red and white confetti flutters down through the mass of people like an avalanche in slow motion. My limbs ache with fatigue but it feels non-excitant with the adrenaline that's coursing through me energising every cell in my person, they whine in pain but scream in relief that everything they've been pushed for was worth it, that it's what got us here. My poor frail limbs have made it this far.

I can feel Brady jumping on my back and I don't even mind the fact that his hands are clammy as fuck and he stinks- we all do. The boys surround me, shouting and screaming. Fists raised in the air- a few have ripped their shirts off and are spraying their water from their bottles, splashes of water falling upon my too-hot skin. A slash of the liquid hits me on the cheek, black paint running from its linear position under my eye.

Then I see her, jumping up and down with Vixxie and Emily. All screaming, cheeks ablaze. Her blonde hair swishes in a high ponytail held up by a red scrunchie. Her smile shines brighter than the overhead floodlights and her pink cheeks bunch under her sapphire eyes full of glee harnessing the atmosphere inside her. Her long dark lashes graze her cheeks as more players dose them with water from their bottles, they squeal but the smile never once drops from her face.

As she turns her head her eyes find mine and she stops, her blush deepening her rosy cheeks. She doesn't waste another second as her feet start moving, she darts over to me and I open my arms wide enough in time. She jumps into my arms securing her legs around my waist. Her strawberry and coconut scent washes over me as she buries her face into my shoulder, her heart beating just as fast as mine. Tiny fingers grip at the back of my jersey not letting my sweat or stench discourage her from hugging me like a fucking koala bear.

"You did it! You fricking did it!" She exclaims gripping tighter, I move one hand onto her ass to keep her from slipping and the other on her back to keep her flush to me.

"Did you ever doubt me ?" She pulls back at my cocky question to look deep into my eyes that burn like melted jewels, her smile not faltering.

"Not for a second." She whispers planting a kiss on my lips, the contact sends endorphins flurrying to catch my adrenaline, sparks flying across my skin. She deepens the kiss as I move my hand from her back to her neck, pulling her face closer to mine, drinking in every inch of her mouth. Soft and warm.

We've won nationals. We are fucking National Champions.

But nothing feels as good as this moment- something I'd never thought I'd say- her legs tighten around my waist, breasts pushed up against my pads and her fingers run through my hair with my helmet dumped by my feet. As she begins to pull away I bite on her bottom lip pulling forth a tiny moan from the back of her throat. At this point the blood rushing south putting me in a rather fucking uncomfortable situation- not ideal pitching a fucking tent in these shorts, I think she can feel it too judging by the blush that encases her cheeks deepening.