019

may 30th, 2026
12:08 pm

"I HAVE FRIENDS THAT HATE ME

"I HAVE FRIENDS THAT HATE ME." Sunday said as she paced back and forth in Rafael's apartment just down the hall from the one she shared with Jeanette.

"My friends hate me. They must." Sunday brushed aside a few of her new box braids with the hand that had blue paint stained on it, "I'm a good person. I give to charities and I mind my business. All I'm asking for is friends that don't do treacherous shit."

"I think that's a little dramatic." Jeanette said, watching from her spot behind the sink as Sunday continued to pace in Rafael's living room.

"Actually, I don't think it's dramatic at all. You invited my ex and the Barbie he's marrying on our trip. That's something you do when you hate someone." Sunday retorted in a snappy tone.

"We don't hate you," Rafael hopped off his stool at the counter and cautiously stepped towards her, "It's just she offered to pay for the room and..."

Sunday stopped pacing and gave him a wide eyed stare of disbelief, then sighed and pressed one hand over her mouth in an attempt to rein in her emotions, "Raf... She could pay for a trip to Bora Bora and back and I still wouldn't be okay with this."

"We just figured that if we weren't paying for the room, we would have more money for other activities and dinner and your birthday and stuff." Jeanette chimed in with a sheepish tone.

Sunday pressed her index fingers on either side of her temple, "Lord, what did I do to deserve this? What kinda backwards ass logic is this?"

"In our defense, we didn't exactly invite her. She invited herself, we just didn't stop her." Rafael defended.

"So what? Because now that she's paying, I have to sit and force a smile on my face? Why didn't you tell her no? Or that another time would be better if you wanted to be nice?" Sunday asked, her eyes flickering between her friends.

"We would've, but honestly B.J already looked a little beat up." Jeanette sighed.

And that was enough to make Sunday stop pacing again.

"What... What do you mean?" Sunday questioned, "He was there?"

Rafael shrugged and then readjusted his glasses, "Just that he looked like he had been through an extremely long day with Barbie, that's all."

"Oh." Sunday wasn't quite sure what to make of this information.

Is he tired of her already?