Epilogue

that photo just messed with my feels

"Mom? I'll be back later yeah?" I called into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Just to the park, by myself" I smiled. "You know, just for a quick doodle"

"Alright then, try to be back by 1. Stormie and the gang will be over by then" she said as I walked away with a nod.

It's been 10 months since the worst day of my life and instead of crying upon thinking of it, I smile now. I smile because the tears won't bring him back but a smile will remind me of him everyday.

I started college a while ago for a degree in Forensic Science and so far I have made friends with a few people. I lost contact with Kenzie but not with the boys and I see them around campus but Harmony and I stayed best friends and roommates.

It was all taking a turn for the best, slowly but surely.

It was coming up to 10 when I arrived to a tree shedding cherry blossoms. I set down a blanket and sat with my sketchbook and pencil in hand.

Lately, I've been working on a detailed sketch of Ross and I, one of the photos from our road trip that I liked best and it's been less difficult than I remember.

When he first passed away I couldn't draw him but now it just flows easier.

I've been coping. Therapy is finished and they believe I'm okay which I am but you can fix a mirror if it's broken but still see the cracks in it which applies to me. But like my mom says many times, I just have to manage to move on.

"Oi, you" I heard his voice, and I'm a hundred per cent it was him so out of habit I searched around but he was opposite me. "Chin up. You and Me right?"

I smiled at my best friend and just as fast as he appeared he was gone.

I'm sure that I was dreaming but at the same time it felt very real seeing Ross. Maybe I did see him finally, and maybe that was the call I needed to move on.

From now onwards I will move on from him but reserve a piece of my heart for him because-

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed as a football hit my head. "What even-"

A guy jogged over. "Are you alright? I totally didn't aim at you I'm so-"

"It's fine" I smiled politely at him and handed him the ball. "It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, I was in deep thought"

"I see," he nodded and extended his hand. "Travis, you?"

"Well Amelia, ama-Lia the ball here so I can chat to you" he sat down.

I giggled. "That was awful but okay"

"You're really good, who is the guy?" He looked at my sketchbook.

"My ex boyfriend"

"Why are you-"

"He passed away a while ago"

"Oh, I'm so sorry" he said sympathetically. "So, what else do you do other than draw?"

I began to ramble about joining college and he nodded attentively. Maybe he was just being nice to the girl he hit on the head or maybe friendship was budding right before is.

And there is another beauty of life; the simple fact that you cannot control your destiny.

But you can always craft it, and that, I learnt with the brightest star in the sky.

*THE END*

And that's a wrap folks 👯 my next story is called 'The 4 Week Formula' and it shall be up...soon idk man

Love, Jess (😭💖)