𝟏𝟒. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

She's spread completely for me, just like she used to be. Her soaking-wet pussy just begging to be played with, eaten by yours truly, as I kneel before her. I blow air onto her sensitive bundle and watch as her entire skin pebbles with goosebumps. She shivers in anticipation, letting out little noises that I have missed entirely too much. I lean forward, ready to run my tongue along her needy slit when something catches my eye.

What the hell is that?

When I bring my eyes up to Dani's she looks slightly mortified, automatically scooting herself back on the bed. She's pulling at her shirt trying to cover the scar I'd just laid my eyes on. My mother has a very similar scar which would mean that Dani has a kid. She's now scurrying off the bed, nearly frantic at this point.

I assess her as I rake through my brain. Her apartment had no signs of a child. I hadn't been informed that Dani had been pregnant and neither had my boss, her own father. Brooks would've had to report that... unless it was his. Maybe the baby didn't make it? That would explain how terrible she was looking these days— the toll of losing a child.

That doesn't make sense though since that was a fully healed cesarean scar. Not even a bit of pink or puffiness to it. I start to do the math in my head. If her and Brooks have been together for a year then she would have a fresh scar or somewhat of one and a relatively newborn baby. She had neither.

Two years. She had left two years ago.

You have no idea what I had to give up. Her words play in my head. The way she looked at Brooks with tears in her eyes. You've been watching me the whole time? He knew about her pregnancy, watched her throughout it. If he had watched her throughout it then...

"Dani," my voice is much calmer than I feel inside right now, "is there something you would like to tell me?" She stops and stares at the floor wordlessly. "Daniela, tell me now before I lose my god damn mind..."

"Tttt there's..." Her voice stutters as she trembles all over, "there's nothing to tell you." Dani is the absolute worst liar.

"Like fucking hell there isn't." I walk up to her and spin her around so she has to face me. Her eyes are round and filled with tears as I jerk her shirt up, revealing her abdomen to me. She tries to pull it down but it's useless because the evidence is right there— a small set of stretch marks on either side of her belly button. "Don't fucking lie to me, Dani. Not about this."

"I..." She closes her mouth and begins to cry, just shaking her head at me. "I don't know what you want me to say. I... I gave the baby away."

She gave it away?

"Was it..." I choke back on the emotions threatening to overtake me. "Was it mine?" Her eyes just hold mine and she doesn't have to verbally say yes or no because it's apparent. I have a child out there somewhere. I have a child. I am a father.

Oh my fucking God.

I tear my phone out of my pocket and punch the numbers onto the screen. I wait for someone to answer but no one does so I try again and after that I try a different number until a familiar voice picks up. "Torey?"

"Is he mine?" Silence. "Is. He. Mine." My voice on the edge of world destruction and my heart threatening to swell to the point of combustion. "I need to know. Mom. Please." Don't keep this from me. Why would you keep this from me?

"Yes. He is yours." I plop down on the mattress, not being able to stand any longer with that news. "Do you really think we'd let our grandson be raised by a stranger?"

I feel an anger burn inside of my chest at the fact that they didn't tell me. "Why didn't you tell me yesterday when I was there?" When I was holding him, playing with him— my son.