forty three - meetings

The game was about to start, but for some reason, Sasaki was feeling really tired. (More like I just don't wanna write the game lol) "Hey Kuroko," He whispered, causing the blue haired male to look at him. "Mind if I use your shoulder for a nap?"

"Sure, go ahead," Kuroko replied, almost adding the fact that he'd miss the game if he did that but refraining from doing so since this was a good opportunity to keep Sasaki for himself.

Sasaki didn't take long to fall asleep, and only when the game was over did he wake back up. "Friggin nuts, that nap did wonders!" He rotated his arm as he held his shoulder, grinning like an idiot as the Seirin team walked the hallway towards the exit.

"You can probably let him out now," Riko said to Kuroko, who had Number Two in his bag.

"You're right," He agreed, quickly taking off his bag and putting Number Two on the ground to walk by himself.

"Come here boy!" Sasaki encouraged, and immediately the dog bounded towards him and allowed himself to be petted.

"Huh? It feels like I've been here before.." A voice came from behind Sasaki, "where am I?"

"Hey guys, give me a second," Sasaki raised his hand as he ran after the person who had just spoken. "Excuse me, are you lost? You sounded lost just now," He touched their arm, causing the person to turn to him.

"Ode? No, I'm fine," He replied, looking Sasaki up and down as he released his hold on his arm.

"Ah, then my apologies," He bowed, "that's a lot of candy you got there, which one is your favorite?" The white haired male raised an eyebrow. Immediately, the purple haired giant's eyes sparkled.

"Nerunerunerune candy," He answered.

"Is that so? Good to know, I haven't tried that kind. Anyways, since you're not lost, I'll stop rambling and get going. Good luck with your game!" Sasaki bowed again, only for the giant to stop him.

"I am... Actually lost," He glanced away, making Sasaki chuckle.

"Alright then. How about we go get some more snacks while you tell me where you're supposed to be? By the looks of how fast you're eating, I'd say you're gonna be done in no time."

"Okay," The purple haired giant nodded, so they headed to the area with the vending machines as he told Sasaki where he was supposed to be.

"Do you think you can remember my instructions and go by yourself, or do you want me to guide you?" Sasaki questioned once they had gotten more snacks.

"Go with me," The giant said instantly in response, which caused the white haired male to sweatdrop with a smile.

"Oh, by the way, I don't think I caught your name," He recalled, holding out his hand. "I'm Sasaki Hayate, nice to meet you!"

"I'm Murasakibara Atsushi," He introduced himself, shaking the other male's hand.

"Well then, Murasakibara, shall we get going?" He beamed, and the tall giant nodded. The two went to where the rest of the Yosen team was, and Sasaki explained the situation. He was thanked and Murasakibara was hit by the coach and Sasaki went on his way.

"Sasaki Hayate..." The purple haired giant mumbled the name, staring off into space.

"Atsushi, it's time to go."

"Muro-chin," Murasakibara turned to the person before sighing. "Fine. Let's stop by a convenience store."

~•~

Sasaki closed his door behind him, sighing in relief to be in the familiar environment of home. Suddenly, he saw that the landline had a message on it. Meh, I'll check it after a shower.

Low and behold, Sasaki took a shower a few moments later, and stayed in the shower way longer than he probably should have. Once he came out and had a pair of underwear on, he ventured to the landline and pressed a button to hear the message.

"Hello, this is Akashi Seijuro. I'm calling to ask if Hayate would be willing to meet with me for an excursion. I am very curious about you. Please call me back to discuss the response and the details if you agree. I look forward to it."

"Wow okay.." Sasaki ran a hand through his dripping hair. "Guess I have more to worry about than when Shintaro's getting back to Tokyo, huh?"

Another message was on the machine, and since the first wasn't what he thought it was, he figured the next one would be exactly what he had expected.

No, he hadn't questioned how Akashi got his landline number and he didn't really care.

"Sasaki-sama, I hope you're doing well. I'm calling to set up the meeting date and time for the next check in, so please contact me so I can write it into the Madame's schedule. I'm available from eight to four during business days, but I hope you'll not take too long to deliberate when you'd like to meet with the Madame. Have a pleasant day and I hope to hear back from you shortly."

"Friggin nuts, it really is that time of year isn't it," Sasaki mumbled as he plopped on the couch after deleting the second message and writing down the number Akashi had provided at the end of his message.

"I'll call him tomorrow since there's no use doing it tonight," Sasaki told himself before yawning and stretching. "Not even a nap can stop me from getting to sleep on time."

It's cold without the guys, Sasaki thought to himself as he laid down in his bed after he went back up to his room. Quickly pushing that thought out of his mind, Sasaki flipped over onto his stomach and closed his eyes.

The next morning, Sasaki got ready for practice since they wouldn't be taking any breaks, and then remembered that he needed to call Akashi back. He had decided that he was also curious about the other point guard, so it would be a good opportunity to get to know each other.

Plugging in the numbers on the paper into his phone, Sasaki held it to his ear and waited as it rang. A few seconds later, not even three rings later, the phone was answered. "Hello? This is Akashi speaking."

"Hey Akashi! It's Sasaki, calling you back about the other day."

"Ah, Hayate," Akashi felt his lips pull into a smirk. "Then, what is your answer?"

"I'm curious about you too, so when do you think would be good to hang out?" Sasaki replied, and even though it shouldn't be possible, Akashi's smirk widened.

"I'll leave that up to you. I'm free on most weekends, but I do have dinner with my family every day."

"Are you free during the week?"

"Yes, I am. Practice is at most four times a week, so how does a Monday sound? That's our off day most weeks," Akashi told him, so with a hum, the next Monday was chosen as the day the two would meet up at a cafe in Kyoto.

Right as Sasaki hung up, his phone tinged with a text from one of his group chats. His eyes widened as he felt cheeks heat up once he had checked what the new message was.

Hayate and His Yanderes

Cancer Nanodayo: It's good to be back in Tokyo.

(At least fifteen comments for another update, as always.)