50 Doubt

He flicks my forehead. "Just do it. And give me your hand."

I do it and feel a small square shape in my hand. I open my eyes and smile at the white box with a white ribbon wrapped around it. Aw.

"I do!" I look at him with googly eyes. His life flashes before his. "I'm kidding!"

"Jesus Christ..." He gasps for air, looking at me like I'm death knocking on the door.

I cackle. "That's what you get, bitch." Got to take my frustration out for that sexual assault.

"You're not funny." He lies.

"So what is it?" I grin ear to ear. "Hm? I thought you don't do gifts." He's so in love with me.

"I also thought I wouldn't date an orangutan, but here I am."

He's so funny I can't even be offended. "Good job, your jokes are getting better."

Death. That's what he says with his beautiful and flat face. I don't know, maybe he fucked my brains out. Was I stressed out about something?

"Layla."

"Hm?"

"Open the fucking gift already."

"Oh." I giggle and look down at Lucas's love confession. I hope it's a heart-shaped necklace with 'Lucas+Layla' on it.

I'm fucking kidding, I'll vomit on it.

No... I hope it's a miniature charm of his monster weapon. On a classy, silver necklace.

"Is it your dick?"

Lucas laughs. "Cute."

He's so cocky. Oh my God.

"Okay, let me see what ridiculous thing you got me." I roll my eyes and open his gift.

Oh...

"Lucas..."

"I thought of you when I saw it."

It's one of those hair accessories, shaped like a comb that pulls the side of your hair back. Except the details on it are flowers. They seem real. Muted pink, green, and white. Delicate and dainty.

"This is so pretty..." I say in utter amazement.

"It's so that..." Lucas grabs the accessory and looks at me with soft eyes. He lifts one hand to the side of my face and brushes his fingers down my locks, stroking my cheek and jawline. My heart grows a hundred sizes larger and my eyes close as he pushes the comb through my hair, the scratch on my scalp creating goosebumps.

"So that you have flowers in your hair anytime you want." He murmurs, eyes slightly wide with enchantment as his eyes travel around my face. "And a reminder to be true to who you are."

Oh my God. Daddy is so cheesy.

Did I say that.

"Lucas..." I say his voice like an endearment and wrap my arms around him. And my legs around him. And I kiss him.

"Do you like it?" His husky voice drips across my lips.

"I do." I say quietly, afraid that my voice will break.

He cups my face and kisses me slowly. I shut my eyes so tears don't spill. His hands tighten around my waist and push me against him. As if we weren't tearing each other apart a few minutes ago. This time though, my head is high with happiness. Unbelievable. I feel so lucky.

"Thank you..." I pull back and look at him. "Thank you for not doubting me."

He stares back quietly, eyes swimming with unknown thoughts. I cup his stubbled cheek.