Chapter 50

Hi guys! I found another hot Alec gif eek! I swear if he had a little more muscle on him I would want him to play Rex hands down! (I still maintain the right to change my mind in the future hehe) *sheesh, need this boy to be straight and real asap*

Wasn't sure I was going to post this today, but I know how it feels being left on a cliff hanger and I couldn't do that to you lovely people! Honestly though, this chapter was the last of what I had written from the other day so no promises on the next update soorryyy

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 50

       Rex was staring at me funny.

       He had been all day actually, though he just kept saying 'nothing' whenever I asked what was wrong. He was also being a lot more quiet than usual. I mean, I was used to his silent brooding demeanor, but this was on a whole other level.

       It was Sunday, and besides a quick trip to the grocery store, Rex had rejected any invitation to leave the apartment. Even when the boys asked if we wanted to go to a race that night, he blatantly refused. Which, according to what Trey said about how Rex never missed a race, was beyond weird. I kept my concerned thoughts to myself though, and ended up sitting quietly across from him eating the Ben and Jerry's we got at the grocery store. I know it was almost winter, but anytime is ice cream time!

       I glanced up from the chocolatey goodness to see those dark eyes locked on me—again. Actually, they haven't waivered all day, and while I loved the attention from him, concern swelled in my chest once again. I frowned and stuck the spoon into the sugary dessert. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked softly as Rex sat with his back pressed against the couch's armrest. His long legs kept me caged against the cushions.

       "Yeah, why do you ask?" His voice was casual enough, but that gaze refused to leave mine. Every once and a while he would roam those eyes over my entire body, but it wasn't in the creepy way Jason used to. No, it was almost like he was making sure I wasn't hurt or hadn't lost a limb since the last time he checked. It made me squirm uneasily against the other armrest.

       "You've been staring at me all day." I mumbled down into the ice cream before scooping another bite into my mouth.

       Those mind-numbing lips of his raised briefly at the corners, before dropping just as fast. "I always stare at you. You just never notice." I wasn't sure why that made me blush, but I felt that familiar heat stain the back of my neck anyways. I kept my face turned completely down towards the ice cream.

       "Then why am I noticing now?" I countered softly, though I was just trying to tease that look out of his dark eyes. It was scaring me. He almost seemed angry, but there was no malice in his voice and his movements were all calm and deliberate. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but I had a sickening feeling I had something to do with it. He wouldn't resent me for the job thing, right? I-I did tell him to take it in the end! He was the one who said no.

       Rex shrugged, though his eyes never wavered from mine. I let out a small sigh before sticking the lid back on the ice cream. I wasn't going to force him to tell me if he didn't want to. As long as I didn't do anything wrong and he wasn't upset at me, I wouldn't put him. "Where are you going?" Rex suddenly sprang forward as I stood from the couch, his hand like iron as it gripped around my wrist. I shot him a raised eyebrow in surprise, though it quickly fell when I saw the panic swirling behind his dark gaze.