77

Oi, oi, oi

Little confession: I actually strongly dislike chapters 1-30 of this fanfiction because it was before I gained traction and I honestly just wanted to get the story over with so they idea could leave my head. Not to be arrogant or obnoxious, but I think my skills are far better than those chapters reflect, even for back then so I'm very surprised so many of you stuck around this long. Anyways, thank you for the confidence and by the 17-18th, I'll be back on a normal writing schedule. Oki, kithes <3

3 days ago

You weren't there when it was reported that Endeavor got into a grilling fight with a Nomu unlike anyone had ever seen. Hawks was involved too. Caused quite a rise in those watching when the two were enveloped in blue flames of a villain that did not end in capture.

You and Katsuki were all too aware of who might've planned that attack. But something in your gut told you Tenko never agreed to Dabi's little experiment. It was evident the thought that Shigaraki was starting to get braver, advancing his goal despite having reconciled with you stayed at the back of Katsuki's mind, eating at his consciousness.

You couldn't worry about him. Todoroki was in far worse shape. His father almost died, Enji's face mauled, body in almost equally injured condition. Being there for him every step of the way meant going back to that house you so dreaded the sight of.

Fuyumi and Natsuo were there though. It was nice to catch up with them till Enji arrived.

When he walked through the door, dressed more casually than you were used to seeing him, with a scar etched into his cheek, up and over his eye to his hairline, Shoto had to use a little humor to diffuse the tension. Would've made you snicker had Enji and Natsuo not had a falling out.

In the midst of their argument and Fuyumi's begging, and Shoto's declarations, you remained silent. Head down. Hands in your lap. Letting the noises of their emotions feed your need to feel them for once.

Afterall, this was none of your business anymore. Your family was either dead or wanted and out of reach. Pretending to replace them with equally dysfunctional people was nothing but a coping mechanism unfair to the Todorokis.

Flashes of your father's face lit up in your memory. He held your hand, read you stories, gave you a plush cat to hold onto when no one was allowed to touch you anymore. He seemed kind. Felt kind when you skid your fingers over your palm and pretended they were his. Then, you saw him yelling at Tenko, slapping him across the face, shoving him in closets and outdoors.

It was all blurry. Did nothing but light the fire heating the anger stored away in those moments of his bias.

However he died- however any of the people in your family died- one day you'd know. And you were certain that when you did, this feeling of emptiness would continue to cling to your conscience till you finally realized family is nothing but a pretty picture on a windowsill you'd never attain.

Falling out of the recollections, out of the corner of your eye, you saw Enji-san. Saw him accept Natsuo's anger rather than throw it back at him. He was trying for Fuyumi. Trying for Shoto. It was easy to see the same emptiness in his eyes that flurried in yours.

Once Shoto was getting ready to leave, you asked for a moment. Went back inside. Crossed Endeavor in the hallway that once led to a training room haunted with more pushed aside, painful memories.

"Enji-san," You called, shoulders straight, your voice unhurried, footsteps following its lead.

The man who adopted you turned around obviously not expecting to be hearing from you. After that letter of apology along with internship offers, you were fairly silent. Ignored him at every turn actually. Hell, he almost forgot what your voice even sounded like.