TWELVE: Got Your Back

The rays of  sunshine spilled into Audrey's room at Beast Castle, where the group of villain kids were staying. The daughter of Maleficent was the first to awaken, looking around to see the others still asleep. The sea-loving trio were still curled up together on Audrey's large bed. Helena was sitting on the foot of the bed, her head resting on Carlos' shoulder. Evie sat beside Mal on the couch in the corner of the room, Jay curled up in a chair across from the pair. And Celia slept with her head resting against her folded arms on the vanity, still covered in jewels belonging to the Aurorian princess.

It was quite a sight to see these VKs all together in one room without being at each other's throats. It was the dawn of a new day, yet this ragtag team were some of the people in Auradon to witness it. But they were the only ones not cursed, Audrey was still out there with the Queen's Crown and the Dragon's Eye.

"Guys, wake up!" exclaimed Mal, grabbing a cushion and throwing it at Jay. The son of Jafar jumped up from his sleep, a startled sound escaping his lips.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asked groggily, rubbing at his eyes tiredly.

"M, this better be good," said Evie as she sat up. "You're kind of disturbing my beauty sleep. What time is it anyway?"

"Oh, sunshine," Gil said happily though still somewhat dazed from sleep. "It looks pretty."

"That's not the point right now!" replied Mal, her voice waking Uma from her sleep.

"What's the problem, Dragon Breath?" 

"Seriously, why are you so loud?" asked Harry, who was the next to wake up. He then looked around, seeing the sunlight illuminating the room. "Oh, hey, it's morning."

"Morning?" questioned Helena as she began to stir, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

Carlos turned his head, momentarily blinded by the bright sunshine. "Oh, it is morning."

"We overslept," Mal announced, panic and worry evident in her features. "No, no, no. This isn't good."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Uma replied, letting out a yawn as she stretched out her limbs. "I feel great."

"Yeah and while we've been asleep, Audrey's probably carried out the next step of her evil plan."

"Oh, I see the problem," muttered Evie to herself as the realization hit her.

"We have to go," Mal ordered, standing up and walking over to the vanity to wake Celia. Having a father that runs an arcade part-time meant that she was used to loud noises.

Harry then groaned, not wanting to get up from the comfortable bed. "Can we at least find some breakfast first? I'm sure that there's enough food lying around here somewhere for us to-"

"Just get up, Harry," said Uma with a roll of her eyes, throwing a pillow at his face. They were all from the Isle of the Lost, so they knew how to survive with little-to-no food. They'd be fine.

"Lena?" Carlos called out to Helena gently, the girl humming in response. "Come on, Lena. We have to go."

"Do we have to?" She replied, the way she snuggled her head further into Carlos' shoulder making him laugh.

"Since the fate of the world kind of depends on us, I'd say yes."

"Fine," she agreed reluctantly, finally lifting her head up from Carlos' shoulder. The de Vil boy smiled and stood up, turning around to extend his hand out towards the brunette princess. The daughter of Hades smiled before taking his hand, being pulled up onto her feet. With her hand still in his, Helena moved to stand at his side, and Carlos placed a kiss on her cheek.