EPILOGUE

AN: this is it. i can't believe it, i'm so happy that so many of you decided to give me the time to share this story with you. it's been an honor writing harry and bentley and the whole family. thank you so much, i don't think i'll ever be able to convey just how much this means to me. to many more stories, catch you in the next one. 

ARABELLA. 

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

I felt the strangest emotion 

But it wasn't hate for once

Yes, I'm changing, yes, I'm gone

Yes, I'm older, yes, I'm moving on

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

HARRY

6 YEARS LATER — FEBRUARY 1ST, 2027

"Zumi, c'mere!" I click my tongue, capturing the dog's attention and opening the backseat of Flo just in time for him to jump in.

I got Irezumi a few months after Bentley passed. I was with Apollo in New York trying to figure out some stuff for the racing scene we had basically inherited when Zayn waltzed into our hotel room with Zumi in his hands. He was just a puppy, tiny in comparison to the size he is now.

He's a dalmatian, with petite spots scattered across his skin. Surprisingly, he doesn't shed as much as I expected. He's a good dog though, well trained and obedient. I think Ben would like him.

He'd definitely like her more than me if she was around. She'd probably feed him scraps while she cooked and win his canine heart over.

She had a thing for making people love her.

It's been almost six years to the day that Bentley passed, and a lot has changed since.

For one, I'm older. It's my 33rd birthday today. It's crazy to think about, because I never thought I'd make it out of my twenties alive, but here I am, in Oakland, taking my dog for a walk in the park before heading to my own birthday party.

I guess I really did have more room to grow after everything.

I close the door, getting into the driver's seat and clicking my seatbelt shut before driving back to my place. I still live in the same building, but I moved into Bentley's apartment about a month after getting Zumi. My place was just too small for the dog and I, and I wanted more room for myself.

About five years ago, Louis moved into the second floor of the building. There are two apartments in there: 2A and 2B. Louis lives in 2B, and Michi and Liam bought 2A three years ago so they'd have a place to stay when they come and visit us. I still own my old loft on the first floor, but I had the place remodeled.

I bought the apartment next to mine and combined the two during Emmy's junior year of college so she'd have a proper place to stay during holidays and summers away from school in London. She moved to Oakland right after graduating from Regents, so she's been living there ever since.

Emmy had received a job offer to be a secretary for some East sider after I shared her contact information with him and she moved instantly to be closer. She claimed it was so she could see all of us more frequently but I'm pretty sure she saw her opportunity to be with Dorian full time and took it.