XXXIV.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

"Avengers—Where's Thea?"

Just as that was said the black-haired insomniac show up through the shadows seated on the floor holding a plate of donuts and wearing a pair of sunglasses.

She sat there munching on a red, white, and blue sprinkled donut completely unbothered by the stares of her fellow teammates.

"Why does this look familiar?" Rhodey mumbled to himself as he and the rest watched her cross her ankles.

"Thea," Steve called out. Thea paused her munching looking toward the Blonde male.

"Hm?" She muttered raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" Romanoff asked pointing at the whole sunglasses and donuts look. Thea finished up her current donut before lowering her shades a bit and looking toward Natasha.

"I see Stark wear these a lot so I wanted to see why..." Thea casually explained.

"Completely idiotic thing to do—"

"Why do you have a plate of donuts?" Rhodey asked.

"That's what these are called?"

"Guys!" The conversation came to a stop as everyone brought their attention back to Steve.

"Thea could you please line up and lose the donuts..." He said. Thea stood up walked to the end of the lineup and stood next to Wanda.

"Are you gonna share or are you gonna keep 'em to yourself?" Sam asked.

"Being good is so exhausting," she said handing donuts out to everyone and receiving thank you's in return.

"Don't worry good looks good on you..."' Natasha said grabbing a donut.

When she got to Vision she paused and stared at him for a moment. "Do you have a digestive system or taste buds?"

"Well yes and no since I do not need such things like food..." Thea nodded and hand the donut to Wanda.

●●●●●

Right after training, Thea was making her way out before she was called out. "Thea..."

Thea turned around to see none other than Wanda standing at the exit of the training room. "Can we talk for a moment?"

Thea shrugged her shoulders as she stood patiently as the Maximoff walked up to her.

"I have something on my mind that I wanted to know..." The two walked down the hall to the elevator as Thea nodded.

"Why can't I read you?"

"What?" Thea said confusingly raising her eyebrow.

"Your mind is so complex—" They both stopped in front of the opening elevator.

"You're trying to read my mind?"

"I-I'm sorry I-I just couldn't help but wonder why I can't hear or see your thoughts..." Wanda explained.

"Well, Maximoff some things are better left unseen," Thea said hopping into the Elevator.

"You do know the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat'," Wanda nodded before entering the elevator in silence.

"You are not as bad as Strucker described you, but if you need anything I'll be glad to help," Wanda said staring at Thea longer than expected. Thea of course takes notice and stares back because... it's Thea.

"What did he say?" Thea asked out of curiosity.

"Well, he said you were a traitor...and many other things." Thea rolled her eyes at that knowing well enough that he wasn't even worth the energy. "He says that meanwhile, he's the buried six feet under..." Wanda chuckled at that.

"Yeah he also mentioned this woman, I think her name was Gina—or Rena or—" Thea instantly says.

"Dr. Arina Zola..." Wanda nods.

"You know her?" Thea nods her head.

"She was my old boss but that's where I leave it at..."

●●●●●

Later in the day, Thea was making her way over to the lab to receive a check-up. Entering the busy room Thea spotted the Doctor at a nearby table. Seeing as though lately she's been having trouble sleeping. A lot more than usual.

"Doctor..." They looked up with a small smile.

"Ah, Thea right on time shall we begin?" They both walked off to the examination room before Thea was say down for some health questions.

"How have you been feeling lately?" The medic asked holding a clipboard.

"Better."

"Do you sleep well?" Thea paused at that.

"...Kinda," They looked at Thea with a knowing look.

"Thea you must get rest, especially in your line of work..."

"I am aware." The doctor nods before ending the session after a few minutes of writing.

●●●●●
COUPLE HOURS FORWARD
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Authors Patience
●●●●●

『THEA』

It was the end of the day full of training, meetings, check-ups, etc. Now it was time to call it a night and head off to bed. My sleeping quarters were as big as anyone else's (Except Starks) but had a dark tone to them specifically catering to my ability.

Even though I haven't had a really good night's rest since I started hearing voices but for medical purposes, I will try to sleep.

It took only a few minutes for me to fall into my slumbering state. When I opened my eyes again I was in a familiar lab which I knew to be the one of HYDRA's. There was no one there for some reason but when I took a step the voices started coming.

I couldn't hear them clearly, it was like they were muffled.

As I walked further around the lab my body suddenly froze in place, I couldn't move for some reason. Then footsteps came into earshot coming at a regular pace and then coming up a lot quicker and louder.

The voices grew louder and louder until they came to an abrupt stop.

The same footsteps we're now moving a little slower but were a lot closer than before. However, when it stopped a sudden grip became present on the back of my neck.

My head was pulled back and a smiling Arina Zola came into view. Her grip tightens as her nails practically pierce my skin.

She then began to laugh as she kept tightening her grip around my neck. I attempted to make a sound but nothing came out, I felt like I was suffocating. But then I felt my body shake a little. "Thea..."

"Thea..." A familiar voice echoed and that's when I woke up to Blondie. Standing in front of me?

1021 words