6

The day came and went without incident. But Lia woke me up to an odd scene. We stepped out of my house and onto the porch to see small little origami swans everywhere. " What in the hell?" I looked around and noticed different animals as well. They were all really cute but, why? " No way this is Lord Garmadon" Lia picked up a small star. I went back inside and went to my balcony where there were more little animals.

All over the balcony and my plants, there were the little origami animals. Mostly swans. I went back to my front yard and saw a bird pick up and take a little swan in its beak. We just ignored all the little paper animals and had breakfast. Once eating, we started to bake. We had posted yesterday about having a bake sale and even put flyers in the city. It was chaotic and messy but we had a really fun time.

It took us 4 hours to bake everything with my four ovens. Thank goodness we woke up at 8. We took a break before decorating anything that needed to be decorated. We took another break before setting up tables outside. We put pretty cloth over the tables and also put down chairs. We also set up one of those portable canopies before moving everything all the baked goods from the kitchen to outside.  It took us a bit and then we figured out appropriate prices. We sat down on the chairs and waited.

It wasn't long before a few people that lived in the area came over, even my neighbors. They checked out what we had and my neighbors bought some cupcakes. Someone else bought a loaf of banana bread. Lia wrote down what was sold and the price. She also took the money and put it in a little box that was on the table closest to her. I did the selling, she dealt with the money stuff.

We got excited as cars started to pull up. I've had lots of bake sales before so it makes sense people were actually coming. I helped convince people to buy something but got an odd vibe from a guy who walked here. His hair was shaggy and a reddish-brown color. Very pretty though. His eyes were brown but when the sun caught them, they seemed red. Not even a deep red that was similar to brown, but it was a bright red. Almost glowing. He was worn in a black and purple kimono which was, a bit outdated by looked very nice on him. He was just handsome in general. His skin was, oldy pale.

He looked around at what we had on the tables. " Looking for a particular sweet sir?" I said, being friendly towards him. He looked at me and smiled slightly. " Not really. You just have so many to choose from. All look very good." He complimented. "Why thank you. Is there a certain item you gravitate more towards?" I asked.

He shrugged, " Meh. Finding what I like isn't a problem. Figuring out how many I'm limiting myself to is the problem." He chuckled. " Well, how many are you looking for? Having them to yourself or sharing? I wouldn't blame you for wanting to eat it all yourself" I smiled widely. " Perhaps 2 or 3 things. And probably to myself. Dont got anyone to share with."

I continued to help narrow things down for him, Lia helping other customers. I noticed him looked at his hand with wide eyes and pulled his sleeve down to cover it. The sleeve was pushed off his shoulder and he went with it, doing the same with the other. I was curious what happened but it wasn't my place to ask.

He seemed to quicken up what he was doing and ended up picking a batch of cupcakes and cookies. He paid from them and when he handed me the money, I noticed his fingers were black. Perhaps they were before and I just didn't notice. Maybe he draws or paints. I know that gets messy sometimes. He thanked me and quickly took off with the cookies and cupcakes he bought. " That was odd," I muttered to Lia. She looked at me confused and I whispered I'll tell her later. 

The bake sale wasn't up for long. One, we sold out of everything aside from some cookies and a few loafs of bread. Two, it was past the time we said it would be up. We put everything back away and took the remaining items inside. I gave Lia a loaf and half the cookies for free. " So, what was odd about that guy?" Lia asked, remembering what I said.

" Well, I got an odd vibe from him first off but that isn't alarming. Then while I helped him, he seemed to look at his hand and then pull his kimono down to cover his hands. When he paid, I swear his fingers looked black. He left rather quickly after that." I explained. " He seems old-fashioned. Perhaps he writes in ink and noticed some on his fingers so he hid his hand in his already black kimono so he doesn't stain anything." Lia theorized.

I shrugged, " I guess that makes sense. He was pretty cute though." I grabbed two waters for each of us. " Oooo, little kiddo got a crush." Lia laughed. " I do not! You never just look at guys and think, oh he's cute then go on about your day." I rolled my eyes and sighed. " Yeah but I do that with both girls and boys." Lia chuckled. " Ok you pansexual goth gf" I laughed and she poured a bit of her water on me. " LIA!" " HAHAHA!"