Festive Fun with the Reaper

Today was a special day for Y/n.

Right now was five thirty in the afternoon, soon to be evening as the boy slowly got dressed for an event he was invited to. Pulling on a baggy white hoodie while already in his skinny yet stretchy c/c jeans and high top sneakers, this boy was in some bland clothes for something this special.

He didn't mind though. And besides, this is just a hangout between him and a girl as he grabs his keys and wallet that was left on the counter and heads out, he pulls out his phone to see his most recent call from an hour ago.

...

Ring! Beep!

"Hello?"

"Y/n!~"

"Hey, Gamo... What's up?"

"Are... Are you free tonight?"

"Besides watching tv and taking a nap, I am... Is there something you needed?"

"No... Yes..."

"..."

"Do you... want to come with me to... the festival downtown?"

...

If the Reaper had to be honest, he was looking forward to going to the festival. Let alone hanging out once more since it has been awhile since Y/n hung out consistently with a friend or a group.

Not to mention, it was Gamo. She wasn't afraid of him at all which was both relieving and sort of weird. It's good that he finally has a friend that he could hang out but was she not aware of the vast reputation he uphold throughout the school.

Maybe... she doesn't care... or aware of it... What if she's trying to toy with me and pull some kind of prank when I least expect it?!

A lot of different thoughts rolled into his mind. There were some people who wasn't part of the ninety-five percent who was scared at him that tried to mess with him. In the end, they paid the consequences.

But at the same time, his heart says otherwise. Why would she hang out with him so often if she wanted to drag him down and put him at his worst, he thought.

Many thoughts flooded into his head as eventually with the time of him reimagining his interaction with Gamo on the phone as well as the doubts that were inside his head, he makes it to the festival.

A place filled with booths of games, shops, and food along with the countless of yukatas of different colors that the boy could see. "That is a lot of people..." Y/n mumbles, watching little kids laugh and giggle with their mothers and fathers along with the occasion couples holding hands.

Y/n wouldn't imaging he'd be in public, he feels off for some reason with his hoodie on and his pants and sneakers. Maybe it's the yukatas? Who knows...

"Oi, Y/n!~" someone calls for him, he turns to find his friend and waved to her. "Hey... Gamo?" He was in awe the second he lands his eyes on the redhead.

It was Gamo, but she looked way different than what she would look. Same orange hair but her clothes were different. With many decorations painted on her, her yukata, it could somewhat bring out the figure from underneath. Like from the scorching beach where she had on such an amazing swim bikini.