Please Tell Me: For Mutantninjaturtle999

Please Tell Me

For Mutantninjaturtle999

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both eight

Modern!

******************

You sat on the concrete sidewalk outside your house, drawing pictures with chalk. Next door, a moving truck pulled up. New neighbors, you thought. You continued your drawing.

"Hello, there," an unfamiliar voice said from above. You looked up to see a green eyed, freckled face, auburn haired boy smiling at you.

"H- Hello," you stuttered. You quickly paid a glance to your house before looking back at the boy.

"I'm Hiccup. That's a pretty drawing."

"Um, thank you," you mumbled, watching as he knelt down next to you.

"Can I join you?"

"Um, sure."

He laughed and picked up a piece of chalk that you weren't using. He started telling you about himself, and you found yourself strangely interested. He told you about his old home that was far away and how he was your new neighbor. Every now and then he would ask you a question about yourself, but noticed how you weren't much of a talker so he filled the silence.

"(Y/ N)!" (F/N) called, angrily.

"Coming, father! I have to go, Hiccup. It was nice meeting you," you said.

"Nice meeting you, too. (Y/ N), is that your name?" You nodded and stood, debating on whether to leave the chalk with Hiccup or to take it back inside.

"(Y/ N)!" (F/N) barked. "GET OVER HERE NOW!"

"Coming, father!" You called, forgetting the chalk and scurrying inside. When you were in arms reach (F/N) grabbed the collar of your shirt and yanked you inside, before he slammed the front door.

And that was how you met Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third.

******

Over the years, you and Hiccup became the best of friends. His father was the new chief of police and your father was basically his right hand man.

Soon before Hiccup moved in, your mom had a horrid car accident and died. The death of (M/N) was hard on (F/N) and he first started with the verbal attacks, which led to physical abuse a little over a month after you turned thirteen when he got fired.

You told Hiccup all of your secrets, except that one. He told you all of his, except the one where he was worried and upset that you wouldn't tell him your biggest secret.

******

You are both seventeen

******

Hiccup's smile disappeared as he noticed something on your arm.

"(Y/ N)," he asked, "why is there a bruise on your arm?"

"Oh," you ducked your head down and quickly pulled your long sleeve shirt back down. "N- no reason."

"(Y/N)," he said, softly, "you can tell me. It's okay."

"I- I can't, Hic. Please understand."

He sighed, "Okay." It was silent for a minute. "Why are you always so sad?"

"No reason," you answered, sadly, staring down at your ice cream. You hated lying to Hiccup.

"You can tell me, (N/N). Please," he begged.