♡4

**

Jeongguk leaned against the brick walls, standing outside a French boutique for women. The strong hue of sunlight which expanded across the ivory pavement provided comfort at the beginning of an early December.

23rd wild December and Jeongguk was already awaiting the aurora of spring. He loves Christmas, not doing so would get one called a lunatic. Yet, something about the idiocy, the craze over materialized goods. As time passes, Christmas became more about gifting rather than family and love.

Jeongguk looked inside the tall glass window, peering inside to find Rosie, who was talking brightly to the store clerk; who was coaxing her into buying the dress, which she obliviously believed to be real compliments. She looked pretty, with her hair in a high ponytail, a skirt flailing out- a bright green color with an abundance of polka dots on it. Latest fashion, he presumes.

"Did no one ever tell you to not stare at young women?" A voice came, and Jeongguk turned around in an instant, eyes wide.

"O-oh-" Jeongguk let out upon seeing who it was. "Rosie's in there, I swear. I-I wasn't just-"

"I'm only joking, Jeongguk," Veronica replied, smirking lightly, looking polished with a beret on her head, a long brown coat, and bright red lipstick. "You lawyers are so high strung," She laughed, and Jeongguk let out a nervous chuckle.

"Rosie came here to buy Christmas presents for her family, yet... she's resorted to buying gifts for herself," Jeongguk said, and Veronica laughed.

"Ah- how lovely. I'll join her." Veronica said, and entered the store, leaving Jeongguk to breathe.

Jeongguk looked around. If Veronica was here, Taehyung must be too. He peered across the marketplace, seeing assortments of shops and merchants with carts full of fruit and such. His excitement grew along with a smile on his face when he saw the older boy standing across the street from him.

Taehyung was leaning against the wall, right opposite of where Jeongguk stood. The man had his neck craned, blonde hair looking a little longer. He wore a long black coat, with thin brown shoes, portraying the quintessential rich man. A cigarette sat between his lips, and his gaze was on Jeongguk, an inscrutable look on his face. Jeongguk was allured.

He walked forward with a heavy stride, a jump in his heart, mind forgetting any earlier purpose, motif, reason. Only thinking of Taehyung, wanting to meet him, hear the man's voice. Jeongguk stepped onto the road, but the moment he did, a loud honk startled him- and a black Chevrolet convertible screeched past him, making him stumble back.

The man driving the vehicle stuck his head out the window, angered. "Watch it!" He shouted angrily, and Jeongguk gulped, eyes growing big in worry. He licked his chapped lips and looked back ahead, and saw Taehyung gone. This caused his worry to increase.

Jeongguk turned around, but when he did, he saw Taehyung there and gasped.

"H-how-"

"You must watch out. London streets aren't like the ones in Yorkshire, lamb." Taehyung's deep voice spoke, a look on his face, pleasantly occupied.

Jeongguk blushed. "I'm aware," Jeongguk stated, trying not to look as bemused as he felt. The last time he'd seen the older man was the night of the party, which in memory seems foggy, tilted. Every thought of it set Jeongguk's heart racing.

"I see Rosie and Veronica have found themselves quite comfortable in there," Taehyung chuckled, looking into the French boutique, and Jeongguk hummed.

"I reckon you're stuck with me, now. How upsetting." Jeongguk said quietly, and Taehyung smiled.

"Well then, aren't you a little sarcastic?" Taehyung asked, and Jeongguk giggled, hands in his pockets, wanting to reach out and grab Taehyung's shoulders, how wide and firm they were.