ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13

∆Two days later∆

Following the compassionate conversation the two shared, their already unhealthy relationship ended up plunging into an even deeper unhealthy state. Knowing information caused hellfire between the two. Their missions were filled with nonsensical arguing and mistakes became even more prominent with the passing nights.

'A small gathering in the forest was cut short yesterday night. Three adults, who have yet to be identified, died on their campground. One stays in extensive care with life threatening wounds, it was a miracle they made it out alive. The wounds were said to be caused by an axe.'

After the reporter gave his small speech, two images appeared on the bright screen.

'These are the culprits as described by the witness. We have yet to find out who these masked figures are, but the police are still conducting their search to find these people.'

'click'

The 'off' button had been forcefully pressed on the small, black remote. The TV's colourful light had died, which made you focus on the unsatisfied masked silhouette beside the TV. His empty, dark eyes inspected the two figures on the couch. His foot tapped violently against the floor, remaining in this state until somebody finally gave their outlook on the matter.

"Th-that's a pr-problem," the twitching male beside you interwindered their fingers. He acted as though his words contributed plentifully to the conversation. Although, once a low growl sounded from the irritated masked man, Toby couldn't help but act like a dog with its tail tucked between their legs. Such a tense situation made him review his words before he spoke, which was a rare occurrence.

"No, shit. You two are off patrol and banned from killing until this blows over." Maksy stated, chucking the remote on to the couch, it bounced on contact and almost fell off the edge.
"You two can't save your nonsense for another time? You both just have to show how much you hate each other," His voice was breaking past the point of rage. His manner was like a father's disciplining his children.
"If you want to make it up to Slender then I would suggest finding that witness and killing them. But, you two are too busy with your heads up each other's asses," His words burned through you like acid, his body twitched in aggravation as he walked out the door. You despised being a pain to Maksy, it created a worthless aura around you and you would do anything to fix it. All you could do was look down at your hands, thinking of a way to locate this last witness.

For a moment, both of you sat in pure silence. Not even a jolt or a crack was created by the other and there was no snarky comment to be made. You both knew you screwed up.

It was absolutely terrifying to see your mask littered across social media. You couldn't believe someone caught you two, let alone let someone escape. The thought of Slender knowing about your reckless behaviour sent your heart pounding out of your chest. Slender was the one that put your life back together, you couldn't do such things to vex him.

Flashbacks of that night replicated in your memory.

You and Toby screamed curses at each other while you exterminated the pests and their campsite. You had recalled hollering 'Jackass' while he was trying to kill the last victim.

Did your words cause this? No, Toby just couldn't do his job properly.

"This *tic* is y-your f-fault," His twitchy voice mumbled, pinning the accountability on you like an arrogant toddler would. His words were a grenade and you detonated them.

"Like hell it is! You were the one whining about nonsense. I killed all the people I needed to kill. That person survived because you can't aim right," You snapped back swifty, your fists trembling from the combined anger and tension that was building up. Nonetheless, you attempted to construct a calm atmosphere. Constantly fighting wasn't going to do anything for the situation, except make it worse. With the two of you working alongside each other, it was going to be impossible to fix. You searched for a solution to meld with Maksy's idea. You wanted to make it up to Slender and the other two proxies. You weren't a failure, you learned from your shortcomings and you were going to make the others see that.