♡5

**

When a wave crashes onto the shore, it crescents into a nothing. The sand drinks in the purity of what is the water, and turns it into a mist.

When a wave washes past another wave, its attraction makes the waves grow bigger, wilder, and the ocean's harmony remains intact. Breaking the harmony hurts not only the waves but the ocean itself.

They say when two men kiss, they should feel a growing sickness in the pits of their stomach. This sickness can overgrow and consume them whole unless one puts an end to it and does what's right.

Jeongguk felt no sickness of that kind.

Just doubt.

Early morning after the day before, Jeongguk was awoken to feathery lips against his. Just the action had made him startled, grabbing his bedsheets before he had any clue on what's occurring. Upon opening his eyes, he saw Rosie smiling at him, her breath minty against his face.

"I'm leaving now. It's awfully early, so you should go back to sleep. I've made you breakfast, kept it in the kitchen." Rosie said. Jeongguk nodded wistfully, and Rosie leaned down to press their lips together briefly.

Their lips pressing together reminded Jeongguk of what's right and what's wrong. This- this was the right thing. This was the virtue, the better he should obey if he had any care of his own morality. So he sat up, achingly so, and kissed Rosie a little harder, ensuring she felt everything.

Rosie smiled into his lips and pulled away after a few beats, blushing. "I'll miss you," Rosie said.

"I'll miss you too. Do call me." Jeongguk said, and Rosie nodded.

"Of course I will. I love you." Rosie said, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too. Let me drop you downstairs," Jeongguk said, and Rosie shook her head. "Oh no- it's really cold out there! I wouldn't want you to fall ill," Rosie said, and Jeongguk got up from the bed.

"Don't worry for me, Rosie," Jeongguk said, brushing her hair out of her face. "I hope you take the next few days to think about yourself," Jeongguk smiled.

Rosie giggled. "I hope you too take the next few days to indulge in your own interests."

Jeongguk hummed. "I don't think you'd like if I did,"

Jeongguk grabbed a coat and wore it rather quickly, lifting up Rosie's bag and walking out of their bedroom. Rosie followed behind him. "You don't have to-"

"Rosie, must you worry so much? I'm your husband, I should be taking care of you." Jeongguk said softly, and Rosie nodded, looking down. Jeongguk kissed her forehead, and then opened the door and walked outside.

It was cold outside, the skies still dark. A car was waiting outside their house, the flashlights blaring. The car was silver, sleek, perfectly square shaped top. Jeongguk saw Veronica in the driver's seat. "Right. Veronica told me she'd drive us down there. I-I suppose we could." Rosie said, and Jeongguk hummed.

He walked down the steps of their house and onto the pavement. He walked to the back of the car while Veronica climbed out of it, seeing Rosie and giving her a hug. Jeongguk opened the boot of the car.

"Let me help you," A voice came, and Jeongguk looked up in surprise and saw Taehyung, his blonde hair falling to his eyes.

Jeongguk picked up the bags himself put them inside the car, and then closed the back of it. "I don't require your assistance, thank you very much," Jeongguk said roughly, and then walked away.

"Well, we'll be going now," Veronica said, and then looked at Taehyung. She walked closer to him. "I trust you can take care of yourself?"

"You must think I'm a child. Of course, I can, Veronica."