Chapter 6: Antonin

So.... I can assume from the chapter title, you all can imagine this one is dark. Please, prepare yourselves. There is a summary at the end, if you would prefer to not read this chapter, but still understand what happened.

TW!!- Physical and sexual abuse discussed.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling
____________________________________

He is missing part of his ear.

He is sure of it. Yes, the bottom is completely gone. Theodore Nott's hand comes up to cover the evidence, and he blinks.

"Antonin?"

"Apologies, my Lord."

He looks to his right at Voldemort, who is sitting at the head of the table. His large snake curls around the chair protectively like she had been doing ever since the Battle of Hogwarts.

Even the damn snake knows something is wrong.

He looks closer at his Dark Lord, taking in the skin that seemed to be becoming more translucent every day, his long fingers resting on the table intertwined with one another had no finger nails anymore, and every couple of seconds he saw one or two digits twitch. Like one did just now.

The Dark Lord's eyes seem to have a film over them that is more noticeable today than it had been last week. He was trying to hide it from them, but they all knew something wasn't right; hadn't been for over 6 months.

It looked like his Dark Lord was dying.

"We tried the latest development Mr. Nott and I had procured last night. The subject did not survive." He just stares at him, waiting for the explanation. "And it's mind was gone before the body gave out. We are both in agreement that adding the unicorn horn dust created the new setback. We plan to..."

"So nothing. 6 months and still nothing. You disappoint me Antonin, Theodore..." His deadly voice travels off, but Antonin knows he is not finished. He had failed him.

You are never going to have it all to yourself again at this rate.

"Maybe you need a larger incentive. Yeeesssss an incentive to help... motivate you."

"My Lord, the mind is a very unpredictable and unknown area in the field of research. We have been finding some groundbreaking discoveries and theories, and are closer everyday I assure you and..."

"Here is your incentive, Antonin."

Voldemort's tongue comes out and he licks around both of his lips as a smile stretches his face. Whatever he is about to say to him, it is going to be delicious.

"You have 6 months to succeed in my requests. If you do, I will bind your little toy to you, and let you be its keeper after I am done with it."

He feels himself sit up straighter at that prospect.

Bind it to me...
It would be all mine.
No more sharing.
We could drug it.
Use all those new things we bought right before it was taken away from us.
Get it a nice little leash and collar and walk it through Diagon Alley.
Make it love us like we love it.
Train it to live on our co...

"If you don't, I will dispose of the mudblood, and you."

Antonin blinks. Seems fair. He had been failing. He deserved this.

"Until then, to continue to motivate you, she shall be given to Theodore. You are to continue to have no interaction with her except the monthly spectacle."

Theodore re-adjusts in his seat across from him. "My Lord, your generosity is overwhelming, but if I may request for her to be placed elsewhere. I am giving myself wholly to the extermination of the mudbloods in Scandinavia, and also doing this research and experiments. I think her specific field of... expertise would be used better elsewhere."