Destination//54

Destination: The place to which someone or something is going to be sent.
————————————————

"You are moving without me? That's so embarrassing."

"How is it embarrassing?"

"Who's going to be cooking hm? What about the food (Y/N)?"

The girl giggled as she listened to Oliver ramble. Her head rested on top of Jack's chest, who tried his best to be quiet as she spoke with her friend over the phone. After her get-together with Lauren and Andrew, she figured that Jack and her should be searching for a house. Many of them seemed pretty and cheap enough – but they weren't as isolated. Their search went on for days, until Jack found one that was perfect.

A small cottage on a high hill surrounded by a forest, only a day of traveling away from (Y/N)'s soon to be old apartment. She was the one to make arrangements with the owner of the house, and would soon be able to call the house her own home – Mine and Jack's home.

"Hey, the residence is only like what? A thirty hour drive from our hometown. You've got a car, put some work in. And it's not like I'm never going to visit." She joked, which earned her a gentle slap on the shoulder from Jack who probably found the idea of Oliver visiting risky.

"Alright future writer, as long as you pay the gas." She heard him chuckle.

"You're acting like you can't buy two houses with the amount of money you've saved from all those perverted commissions." The two laughed together, but for different reasons.

Oliver found the statement funny, (Y/N) however found Jack's expression funny upon hearing her.

Right, he doesn't know what Oliver does for a living.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Oliver spoke through chuckles. Coughing in an attempt to calm down, the boy continued, "Hey, I've got a question."

"Shoot."

"What happened to that pen-pal of yours?"

(Y/N)'s expression spread into slight shock. Staring at Jack, she noticed the slight smile and a raised eyebrow directed towards her. The girl acted out a cough before answering.

"Well, nothing really. I've told them that I will be moving soon, so we won't be able to talk anymore. They wished me luck and that was it. Our journey ended there."

"That's it? They didn't even say their name? As a goodbye gift?"

She rolled her eyes and grinned at Oliver's questions. Raising her hand, she put it over Jack's head and began playing with his hair. Offering him a wink, she continued speaking.

"That beats the purpose of it all Oliver. We've had fun, that's all that matters."

The phone call lasted for a while, only to end when (Y/N) noticed that Jack was getting irritated by it. Bidding her goodbyes, she hanged up the phone and got up from the couch.

"Come on, get up."

"Why?"

"We're going somewhere."

Shooting a puzzled look to her, he got up and put his mask along with a hoodie over his t-shirt in case the weather is chilly. She was glad that he didn't question where they were going so late at night, knowing that he'd probably decline getting out of the apartment if he knew.

They walked mostly in silence, holding hands and enjoying the quiet night. The street lights illuminated the road in front of them, their only company being the moths drawn to the brightness.

(Y/N) knew that Jack had figured it out the moment he squeezed her hand slightly and exhaled, as if annoyed. The smaller path of the main forest road presented to them, and (Y/N) could only giggle.

Dragging Jack towards the tree with one hand, she used her other to pull a small switchblade from her bag.

"What are you planning to do?"

She grinned at him, finally letting go of his hand and approaching closer to the tree.

"You'll see! Give me some time."

(Y/N) didn't know how long they stayed there, too focused on her little masterpiece. She'd talk to Jack from time to time, making jokes and conversations to entertain him while he waited.

Taking a step back, the girl waited for a reaction from Jack, smiling at him proudly. Her hands rested behind her back, hiding the irritated parts from the switchblade and the annoying pain that came with it.

Her eyes looked for any sign of a reaction, a specific expression, anything – and then it came. A small twitch of his hand caught her attention first, until she noticed the overflowing liquid gliding down his mask.

He still needed to work on expressing his emotions.

She let out a sigh as she approached him, dropping the switchblade and moving his mask up. If you didn't look good enough, you'd think that his expression remained stoic besides the overflowing liquid. But his eyelids lowered and his eyebrows formed a slight sad expression, making (Y/N)'s own turn to one of admiration.

Wiping the excess liquid from his cheeks with her hands, she leaned in and gave Jack a kiss. He relaxed completely under her touch, now embracing her in a hug and chuckling.

"Of course you would do something like this."

"Of course I would."

They were happy in their own little world. Both knew that what they had would never be normal to others, but neither minded. It was a pretty sight to see, surely. Heading back home, they left behind a trace of their story, carved on a tree – just like the old-school ways.

"This tree belongs to Jack and (Y/N)" rested on the crust of the tree. Nobody would know who carved it, but they didn't need to. It was a memory of theirs and their little journey. Almost like a very weird love story.

———————————————
Uh oh, looks like we are very close to the end folks. Tomorrow I'll upload the last chapter along with my thank you's :^). One more thing! I've skimmed through the chapters and noticed that Chapter 1-9 are a little stiff so I'll be doing some changes there later. Don't worry! There won't be any change in the text - just dividing some dialogue from the descriptions!
That's all for now, I hope you're having a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!