10.08

S10, E16

S10, E16

"Happy birthday, Richard." Helena smiled, as she saw the man walking through the nurses station.

"Thank you, Lena." He smiled back.

"Transoral fundoplication day!" Arizona smiled at Helena, making the girl smile back.

"What's that?" Mark asked.

"First we go in orally and then we go in through the belly button to fix the kid's reflux without leaving a scar." Helena explained, leaning over the nurses station, as Mark had his arm around her shoulders.

"It puts the fun on fundoplication." Arizona nodded.

"It's like the best ride at the fun fair." Helena agreed, with a giggle.

"You peds people are scary. You call cutting kids open fun." He furrowed his brows. "You know what's fun?"

"What? Giving someone bigger boobs, Mark?" Helena teased, looking up at him.

"I was going to say skin grafts but, yeah, that, too." He shrugged.

"Arizona, I'm also starting to pick the patients for the biliary diversion trial today! Want to come take a look, after?" The brunette told her.

Since the success of the biliary diversion using the appendix, Hunt had given Helena permission to start a clinical trial, as to determine the success of the technique. As such, Jo was currently helping her go through the applications for the patients.

"Yeah, duh!"

——

"I mean, you're fixing baby hearts, you're inventing a whole new surgical procedure and Derek's mapping the brain and I'm..." Meredith complained, having lunch with her people.

"Having the most amazing surgery ever." Cristina let out, Helena peeking over her shoulder as they looked at Meredith's patient's films. "I mean, please tell me it's pressing-"

"It's nowhere near the heart." Meredith argued, Cristina visibly deflating.

"It's an absorbed twin. It's a baby. Technically, it's a peds case." Helena pointed out, putting the dimples to good use.

"You and the dimples back off, it's the reason I live!" She complained, making Helena pout and steal one of her fries.

"You're just mopey cause you let a lab rat loose in her lab." The cardio surgeon points out.