Author's Note

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

There are not enough ways I can thank you. And I mean it every single time. Because this book has changed my life, and you are all part of that.

I started planning this book back in August/ September of 2020, and proceeded to start publishing in November of that year. Back then, it was an ambitious idea that even I didn't think I'd pull off, but somehow, we've made it to the end of the first book, and a sequel is planned. To everyone that's read Legendary, everyone that's commented, voted and shared it, everyone that's tweeted me or messaged me: thank you so much. You mean the absolute world to me.

I've always wanted to be a writer, and platforms like Wattpad are a gift. Being able to write my stories and finding a community that wants to read them still blows my mind, but I will never take it for granted. Especially when this story is so personal to me, not just because of the themes discussed and the traits of the characters, but because of those that inspired it.

I've frequently said that Legendary, above all, is a love letter to London and all the people that live there. It's where I'm from, where my family are from, and it's where I feel most at home. But it's also a hello to my grandfather, as his life inspired this book.

I never met him as he died a few years before I was born, but my mum and sister frequently tell me the most outrageous stories about him. From getting expelled from the army for accidentally blowing up an explosives shed with a cigarette, to having an entire secret family on the other side of the river; he was a man with so many stories, and I wish he could tell me them. Instead, I decided to tell it for myself, and create something out of the tales that had been relayed to me growing up.

You see, my grandfather was actually a jeweller. One of the queen's jewellers. He loved his job, frequently crafting things for my mum and letting her come along to work when she was younger. And he was also incredibly cheeky.

I won't confirm or deny if he stole anything - but let's just say the police are still looking for an item that was buried in our garden at one point. Maybe something belonging to the royal household. Again, I won't say if he buried it there or not...

I never knew him, but I've always wanted to know him. So, I wrote this story. Everything is inspired by the type of man he was, not just in the creation of one character, but all of them. Little quirks my family would always inform me of, stories of his past and memories they have. The things he liked and music he listened to. His hobbies and friendships.

And I hope he's proud of everything I've achieved with it.

So again, thank you for joining me on this journey. Thank you for loving the story as much as I do.

The first chapter of Legacy, the sequel, will be published in two weeks. In the mean time, next Sunday (25th July), the first chapter of a short story I'm writing called Haze will be published. The trailer and cast list are up for that. Keep an eye out for the Legacy one too. There's some new faces I want you to meet.

I hope you're all happy and healthy and staying safe. It's been a hectic year, and I didn't think I'd make it out on the other side if I'm being honest.

So, for the final time in Legendary, I love you.

Stay safe, big love xxx