Chapter 16

Jackie's POV~ 7 MONTHS LATER~~

"YOU MORON!!" Red screeched. I whinced at her outburst and hurried onto the roof of the van.

    "Crow!" Jonathan shouted.

    "Don'tcha worry lover boy she's on the roof!" Harley said with a grin.

     "Harley dear...WHERE'S MY BUZOOKA?!" Joker barked. Jeez... Hehe we're all just demented in our own ways. I grabbed my knives that were tucked in my boots. BUMP. BUMP.

I looked down and saw Jo- Scarecrow holding out a can of his fear toxin. I smirked and took it. I stood all the way up on the roof. The wind whipped at my face at the high speed that Cat was driving. My body stood unsteadily so I crouched down a bit and put on my hands against the roof. "This is Gotham Police. Pull over!" I chuckled and looked behind me to see 4 Gotham Police cars tailing us. My smile faded. Shit..

I stood up more and let my knives come into view. "Hiya boys!" I greeted with a wave. I slowly lifted up one of knives and twirled it around. PLINK. PLINK. PLINK. PLINK. Already with the bullets? Ugh.. My hair cascaded over my face as I smirked. 1. 2..3. I whipped the knife at the window of the first cop car, sending the knife through the glass and through the cops head who was driving. The car swiveled around and crashed into a different cop car. "2 down, 2 to go!" I shouted.

   "WOOOHOOOO!!" Harley cheered from inside the van.

Joker soon went out the window and joined me on the roof. "Hello lil birdy!" he greeted with a sadistic grin. What else is new? Soon a large object was being pushed out the window and Joker grabbed it. A bazooka. I grinned at him. "Time for some fun princess!" he cackled. He aimed the bazooka at a cop car who was joining the chase and fired. Flames ignited everywhere. My eyes caught glimpse of a flaming piece of metal flying through the air..towards us.

   "Cat step on it!!" I shouted as loud as i could over the commotion. I didn't hear her response, but the van was starting to move a little faster. "FASTER!" I yelled. The metal sheet was beginning to reach us closer and closer at each second.

    "Hehehaha that's what she said! Hehehaha!" Joker cackled.

    "Joker! Nows not the time!" I said with a tiny hint of a smile on my face. PLINK. PLINK. PLINK.PLINK.PLINK.PLINK.PLINK. Bullets were hitting the van and nearly hitting the Joker and I. PLINk. PLINK.

I grew outraged and started whipping my knives at the remaining cop cars. My hair whipped out of my face just as I was about to get rid of the last car. I froze. Jim Gordon. I lowered my knife down slowly at the fast pace of the moment. My heart was racing. Sirens were blaring. My eyes were stinging from sweat. My hands trembled from all the adrenaline. He helped give me food when I was younger, there's no way in hell I'm doing this.

The tires squealing snapped me out of it. The sheet of metal was long gone, it hit another cop car. But a piece of metal had hit the vans tire. I looked back up at Jim and pulled off my bandana. I knew he was looking at me, I'm surprised he's never realized it was me. I gave him a faint smile and a wave. He was in shock, I know he was. CRUNCH. I whipped around to see the van spiraling out of control. My body was violently thrown down onto the roof from all the bumps.

I groaned. Joker jumped off the van into a window of a building. All this, just so we could kill Harvey. I looked to the left of me and saw Jonathan's death horse running beside the van. Hope the poor thing doesn't get hurt. Scarecrow jumped out of the van door and latched himself onto his horse. "Jump!" Scarecrow yelled.

I looked behind me at the remaining cop car and stood up. CRUNCH. CRACK. The sound of metal and glass shattering filled my ears as I did a flip off of the van.

FREEZE FRAME.

That was a game I played by myself as a little girl.

I would try to sing and dance but my dad always found it terrible so he'd hit me.

So I made a game out of it. Whenever I would hear him come up the stairs, I'd whisper "Freeze Frame".

When it was safe to do as I pleased, I'd say "Dance".

But this wasn't a game, this was life.

And the type of life I'm living isn't one you play around with.

DANCE.

My body twirled in the air as the sound of mayhem surrounded me. Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc. I imagined the seconds going by. I felt someone grip my arm and I opened my eyes. Scarecrow. I landed roughly onto his horse and wrapped my arms around Scarecrow. "By the way, you never answered my question."

    "What question?!" I asked over the loud noise.

     "How do I look when I'm not blushing?"

"Really you ask me that now?!"

      "Jonathan did say he'd ask you later!"

       "Yeah, later! Not in 8 months!" I said with a chuckle.

         "Well?!"

         I paused before leaning closer to him. "You look handsome," I answered. I pulled up his mask and gave him a kiss on the cheek.