Chapter 27

Because it has been a while, just a quick summary in case you guys have forgotten. They are at the Mafia Ball and looking hot as shit. The plan is to talk to the Spanish Mafia leader, who has not been named yet, to talk about an alliance with them instead of with the Mexicans. While they are there, Bex turns around to find her mom who left her when she was 5.

Marco POV

"Mom?" Bex says from beside me.

MOM?  That quickly pulls me out of my conversation with Gio and Eddie Pierro, a legend in the Mafia world with making guns and using them.

I feel my arm around Bex shift as she turns around, pulling me around with her. I catch a glimpse of Enzo's startled face, and also watch it morph into anger.

When I finally face the way Bex is looking, my eyes on instinct land on her face. Except it isn't Bex's face. It is a near replica, just a slightly more aged version, although she must have been very young when she had Bex. 

I am staring at Bex's mother, the one who left her when she was 5, who hated Bex, who is the reason she took the blunt of her father's abuse. The scars all over my baby are the fault of her father, but also this beautiful woman in front of me.

Bex's mother is in a black, velvet long sleeve dress. Modest with the sleeves, no slit, and neckline, but show off her curves that are so familiar to me as they are on a slightly smaller and more toned version of herself, my girlfriend.

Not to mention she has a huge sparkling engagement diamond on her hand which is resting on the arm of Alejandro Diaz, the leader of the Spanish Mafia, the one I want to speak to. We are all staring at each other in shock, nobody knows what to say as my date turns out to be the daughter of the soon to be queen of the Spanish Mafia.

"Bexley, what are you doing here. These are dangerous people. A girl as weak as you does not belong in a place with only queens. Get out of here, this is my show, and everyone is busy gawking at you!" Bexley's mother says.

I tighten my grip on Bex and growl at her mom, realizing how bad this is. No wonder Bex hates her, this woman could not be any less motherly, and is a bitch. Alejandro is staring at his fiancé in shock.

"You have a daughter? You never told me that! This is great, it will help the alliances considering she is Marco's date. He is the one we are meeting with today, before the Mexicans."

"Of course I never told you. She is more of a mistake than my daughter. I never wanted anything to do with her. I basically forgot about her all these years and now here she is. What a small world," Bex's mother replies, then faces Bex. "What are you? Like a prostitute or someone payed to be his escort, there is no way he'd actually want you."

All the boys are now surrounding us and growling at the harsh words being said at Bex. I narrow my eyes at her mom, extremely angry about how she is treating my girlfriend, her own daughter. Enzo looks like he's about to start a fight, and Alejandro is looking at his fiancé with confusion. Maybe this is the first time he is seeing her true colours.

I worry about how Bex is feeling. She deserves so much better than this bitch. But then Bex starts laughing hysterically, and now all the attention is on her. 

How could she find this funny? Her mom shows up after 15 years and has no remorse for leaving her? I know Bex is always positive, happy, and boosting the mood, but this seems a little much.

She tries to speak through her laughter, with hands on her knees from laughing so hard. "Oh my fuck.. thi- haha- this, this is the fun-funniest, oh my god, this is the funniest thing that has ever happened to me. AHAHAHAH. I'm dead!"