chapter 10

my breath trembels  as i cry and push past people rushing down the hallways i walk deeper into the insitute until i reach a door. i push it open not bothering to think about where it leads to.

i wipe my eyes pushing the large door with my whole body and sliding down to sit against it as i cry.

right now probably isnt a good time to be slipping as i cry but i cant help it. i just want to go home and go to bed and watch a movie. or make cookies with my mom.

i feel myself slipping completely so i bring my knees to my chest crying my eyes out my hands on the side of my head as i sob.

sitting there for a minute just crying i fail to notice the other presence in the room utnil i hear a cough making me look up quickly.

alec stands just infront of this large desk. he looks at me frowning seeing a girl crying curled up by his door probably isnt something he's used to.

"hello?" he says slowly stepping towards me as i look up at him. my runny nose and bloodshot eyes starting at him.

i sniff and rub my eyes wiping some of the wetness away so i can see clearer.

"your in my office..." he mutters looking at me as he steps closer now almost infront of me looking stright door.

"sowry." i mutter getting up slowly. i stand looking down at my white trainers feeling his deep eyes looking down at me.

"whats wrong?" he asks. i dont know weather to speak and cry again or to just mutter nothing and leave. i feel him reach up and tilt my face to look up at him as a tear rolls down my face again.

"wanna go home." i whisper pouting as he looks down at me with a frown. i guess the sound of my hight pitched voice and lack of gramma is a bit of a shock at first.

speaking in little space is always something i struggled with. my words just dont seem to come out properly.

"whys that?"he asks his face softening at the sound of my quiet voice.

i sniff trying to look away from him not really wanting to show that im little. some people probably would think im werid.

"tell me." he speaks turning my head lightly to look up at him.

"miss mommy..." i mutter the tears in my eyes falling again. he sighs and looks at me. making me confused.

without saying anything he drops his hand from my face and grabs my hand lightly making me frown. he walks us further into his office making me look down at my shoes feeling bad that ive bothered him.

he walks me over to a sofa and i sit down on the furthest end of the sofa to him. sitting down i bring my knees to my chest again peering at him from over them.

"what happened?" he asks leaning forwards and grabbing a jug of water that sits on the table. he pours two glasses of water as he looks at me.

"got scared..." i mutter slowly moving my legs down and playing with my fingers.

"bit to much for you?" he asks putting the hug down. i nod my head looking down at my fingers." i get that....here." he says passing me the cup. i look at it and struggle to bring it to my mouth.

spilling it slightly down my self i pout.

"come here," he says making me look up at him confused. he gesuertures me to sit next to him so i shuffle with the cup in my hand to sit next to him and he takes the cup off me. he lightly grabs my jaw making me look up at him confused.

he slowly lifts the cup up to my mouth making me open it as he slowly pours the water into my mouth.

"that better?" he asks looking at me swallow the water. i nod in reply. he looks at me as he reachs up and wipes away the water from my chin with his hand.

i yawn making him lightly chuckle.

"tired?" he asks making me nod and rub my eyes. he tuts pulling my fist away making me blush bright pink."you can sleep here for a while." he says standing up and gestering to the sofa.

i dont reply instead i just lay down and snuggle into the sofa trying my hardest not to put my thumb in my mouth since he is watching.

slowly drifting off i reach up and slip it into my mouth forgetting all about alec's eyes.

"where the hell is my sister?!" is the first thing i wake up to making me whimper and sit up looking around.

"clary she's asleep" i hear jace call. i look the door since the noise is coming from outside it. looking around the room alec is sat at his desk he gets up and walks over to me seeing me sat up looking around alarmed.

"your sisters looking for you." he says making me whimper rubbing my eyes wanting to cry again since i was woken so abruptly."dont cry..its okay." he mutters making me want to cry even more. i hear him mutter something before i feel him reach for me and pull me towards him.

he lifts me and sits me on his lap as he sits down on the sofa making me blush bright pink as i sniffle. he tucks my head over his shoulder as my tears slow down. 

i start to drift off again feeling the warm of his body and the sofa feeling of his touch before the door to his office is thrown open and clary and jace come walking in.

"gracie ive been looking for you." clary says quickly coming over and looking at me and alec confused.

i dont turn around instead i dig my face more into alec's shoulder not wanting to see my angry sister rght now.

i feel alec tense as i breath on his neck but think nothing of it.

"she's slipped." alec mouths making clarys eyes widen.

"gracie...im not mad okay....speak to me please." i hear clarys voice drop to a softer tone making me whimper and turn my head to look at her.

"clary not mad?" i ask looking at her pouting.

"no baby come here." she says shaking her head smiling slightly at me. i wiggle out of alecs lap and run to clary hugging her tightly."i could never be mad at you." she mutters hugging me tightly.

after hugging clary for a moment she pulls away and looks at me.

"i need to speak to alec and jace for a minute do you think you could wait for us outside.?" she asks whispering to me making me shake my head.

"stay with clary." i whine reaching for her but she shakes her head.

"this is adult stuff....im sure alec would love to let you have a go on his desk chair if your good." she says making me eyes widen and me smile. i turn around and look at alec who is sat on the sofa still his arms crossed looking at me amused.

he shrugs and i giggle running past jace who was stood by the edge of the sofa and out the door. i sit down crossing my legs leaning against the wall outside waiting for them to come out.