6: Shopping with El and Max.

Y/n's pov

El's face turned excited in a matter of seconds and she began pulling things off shelves.

When she had a collection of items she liked, Max and I guided her to the change rooms.

Her first outfit was a blue top with yellow pants and suspenders. When she looked in the mirror, max handed her a yellow beret.

El took the beret and balanced it on her forehead.

"No." I said with a chuckle, adjusting the hat so that it sat in its rightful spot on her head.

She admired herself for a second, before she pulled on her suspenders and let go, sending us all into a fit of laughter.

The next outfit was a white top and matching skirt with streaks of colour everywhere. I grabbed a thick red belt and a thick yellow belt from a rack and held them up for her to choose. She picked the yellow one and I helped her put it on. Max twirled her around in circles, making her skirt flow and El nearly fell over from the dizziness.

Max began trying on sunglasses and I tried on a really cute button up shirt.

El's final outfit was a black romper with colourful shapes all over it.

"Oh, that is definitely my favourite so far!" I said, admiring the sleeves.

We went to the checkout, El still wearing the romper and Max now wearing some red sunglasses.

"That'll be $37.99" Vickie said.

El's face fell a little at the price, so I butted in.

"Um, how about I just pay for it." I said, placing $40 down on the counter.

Vickie obliged, taking the money and handing me my change while Max and El stood with wide eyes.

"Thank you! Have a good one, Vickie!" I said, taking the bag of clothes that she handed me.

"You too, Y/n!" She called after me as we left the Gap.

"Thank you!" Max and El said, hugging me.

"It's no problem. Money from Christmas and when we had a garage sale." I said with a shrug and a smile.

"Sometimes, I just seriously think you're rich, Y/n." Max laughed.

"Just gotta learn to save!" I giggled.

Next, Max dragged us to Flash Studio, a photographer booth.

We took lots of pictures dressed up in denim jackets and feather boas with bulky jewelry, posing dramatically for the camera.

We each got a film with the photos and then ran to the next store.

We entered Kauffman Shoes to make El walk in heels for the first time.

In her first few steps, she toppled over. El, Max and I burst out in laughter.

When she got back to her feet, we noticed a group of girls our age staring at us with an almost disgusted look.

I recognized the curly haired one right away.

Stacey Albright.

She rolled her eyes as they all turned back around and we started to laugh again.

El then had the brilliant idea to follow them out to the food court.

We hid behind a pillar as they talked to some boy, painfully obviously flirting with him.

El flicked her head and Stacey's drink blew up all over the group.

I gasped with a laugh as they all shrieked, and I grabbed their arms. "Go, go!"