| 47 |

THEO'S words plagued her head for the next several days.

  Two days after the Mansion raid, Draco was already called again for a scouting mission. He promised that this time it was only a search effort and not an ambush. Catherine didn't even fight him this time, she just let him go. She knew he hesitated and wondered why she seemed too distant that day, but he only kissed her and left.

  She sat at the kitchen island, an open healer's book and a mannequin with a pretend wound was staring at her. She tried to put all her attention into practicing the healing charm but her mind wandered away from time to time and it was getting frustrating.

  She looked at the clock again. He didn't say this time when he was going to return and it took all the willpower not to march into Malfoy Manor and wait for him by the foyer stairs like a lovesick puppy. She told herself that she could do this, she can train her brain into not overthinking. But the jagged sealed wound with fake blood dripping from the side proved her wrong. She can't even seal a wound shut because her brain did not focus enough on the spell.

  What if Theo was right. What if she was not ready for love?

  Would he even come to see her if he returned tonight?

  And her answer was the knock on the door.

  She practically sprinted, so fast that Smalls jumped from position on the couch and followed her along. She quickly unlatched the door and there he was. Breathtaking and heartwarming.

  With a bandage across his head.

  She exclaimed, pulling him inside the house. "What happened now?"

  It was like the universe has a hobby to play with her anxiety. Proving her left and right how fragile her mind was. So easily tormented with simple uncertainties in life.

  "Well hello, love." He replied with a smile and hugged her around the waist lifting her up. She hugged back for only a second before breaking away from his hold. Her hands now on the side of his head, examining the damage. There was blood soaking through the white cotton pressed against it.

  "What happened?"

  "I'm fine-"

  "Draco Malfoy, what happened?" She demanded again, her eyes sharp.

  "There were dementors and I couldn't fight them off. It tried to attack but Blaise was there and he stopped it from doing anything. I got light headed and fell. Hit my head." He explained, pointing at his forehead.

  He could fool anyone but not her.

  "What else?"

  He scrunched his eyebrows, "I told you what happened-"

  "At least take into account that I'm a healer and that a wound like that is caused more than just you hitting your bloody head." She snarled at him and he flinched. Catherine didn't care.

  He sighed and pretended to look around the room before finally admitting, "There was an explosion, when Blaise casted the charm and we didn't know why. The wall blew up and it collapsed..."

  On him. A wall collapsed on him. There must be a lot of dementors if Blaise had to casted a charm that powerful.

  There must be a shift in her expressions because Draco cupped her cheeks, "Catherine, I'm okay."

  He could say that a million more times and she would still not believe him.

  She didn't say anything to him, holding his hand and dragging him towards the couch. "Let's just clean you up."