Chapter 4

4th Month

"Kyo, Come on Brat!" Karin shouted from the bottom of the stairs as she looked back at the meal she had prepared, Kazuma stood beside her.

"Is Kyo not up yet?"Kazuma questioned with confusion while the browned-haired woman looked back at him with a nod.

"Nope and we have to get to school soon" Karin stated looking back up towards the stairs before she sighed loudly "I will go and get him" Karin stated while Kazuma nodded.

"Hmm" Kazuma stated before he ate part of his breakfast, a smile on his face as he nodded though his eyes widened once he heard running down the stairs

"Kazuma!" Karin's voice echoed while Kazuma rushed towards the stairs his eyes with concern while Karin breathed heavily.

"Kyo has a fever"

"Hey, Kyo you're feeling alright" Kazuma smiled as he kneeled beside the young boy's bed whose face was red and breathing heavily as Karin stood beside him with a worried expression.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine" Kyo stated with a sigh as he started to get up but Kazuma stopped him while Karin shook her head.

"No, You're not you have a fever and you need rest" Karin stated with a glare while Kyo continued to glare at the women.

"I'm fine-" Kyo began but he soon stopped as he started coughing repeatedly while Kazuma and Karin wore a concerned expression on their face.

"You need to rest Kyo" Kazuma stated with a soft smile and ruffling his hair while Kyo nodded and played back in the bed as Karin sighed loudly.

"I can make you some soup if you want" Karin smiled while Kyo just looked at her before he just continued to look at her while the two adults became concerned

"Or I will leave you to rest" Karin stated while she nodded and the two adults walked towards the door, Karin looked back in concern before she closed the door.

"I thought we became closer, I mean I have been living here for 4 months and I've been walking him to school but the way he just closed his eyes" Karin stated with a frown while Kazuma frowned at her.

"You have" Kazuma stated while the brown-haired woman looked up, her eyes meeting his as the two stared "he's a boy that closes himself off, scared to be hurt" Hr finished

"Again?" Karin questioned while Kazuma sighed and looked at her before he nodded slightly "it doesn't help that I will only remind him of his mother" she frowned widely.

"Hey" Kazuma stated his hand going towards the women's cheeks as he brushed it. Karin's eyes widened as she looked up at him in shock " you don't remind him of his mother, your a different person and he is starting to warm up to you" Kazuma smiled as Karin looked at him.

"Your right, thank you, Kazuma" Karin smiled while Kazuma nodded though the two just stayed there looking at each other.

"Hey, Kyo I made you some soup" Karin stated with a whisper as she opened the door, her eyes glancing to the bed in concern as he was looking the over the way

"I will leave it here for you" Karin smiled as she rested the bowl on the side, she looked at the boy as her hand went to caress his cheek "it's gonna be okay" Karin whispered

"Uh!" The young boy yelled grabbing Karin's hand while the women's eyes widened as she saw the boy's eyes still closed "don't go, mum!" She cried as Karin's eyes softened

"I'm not going anywhere Kiddo" Karin mumbled holding the boy's hand as he held it, she moved his hair back while she frowned softly.

"Why would you leave him?" Karin thought out loud as she looked up, her hand being gripped tightly by the boy as Karin looked at him.