||42||

I looked over the side of the railing as Mandalay and Aizawa both talked.

"Don't you think you've got them on a pretty crazy schedule here, Eraser?" Mandalay asked him.

"Yeah but we're trying to get an entire second semester worth of knowledge into them here," Aizawa replied, oo sucks for you kids, sounds like it's going to just get worse from here, "doing that's going to take an intense amount of work but the rewards will be worth it."

Their year will most likely become some of the greatest heroes in the future if they're going to seriously let loose on the training like this through their three years here at UA.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I mean—seeing them quickly reacting to this situation already is a good sign that they're improving. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them, really, I can't.

"They'll get permits to use their quirks if there's ever an emergency," Aizawa continued, "and provisional licences that will allow them to work as heroes. Most importantly, with all the villainous activity we've been tracking, they need a way to defend themselves."

True that.

"I trust I can count on you, Pixie-Bob," Aizawa turned his attention to the blonde hero as we all looked to a pillar of smoke rising up from not too far away from where the kids were dumped.

They're already working hard, it seems.

"Leave it to me!" Pixie-Bob exclaimed with an excited smile, "oh wow! My furs standing on end~"

"Come on Lionel, back on the bus, let's head to the camp," Aizawa called, I nodded and followed him onto the bus.

"To the camp now," Aizawa told the driver.

"Hm—" I looked behind me to the empty bus, "it's quiet now."

"Finally," the black-haired Pro sitting on the seat across from me now that there were spare seats grunted out.

We continued to the camp and once we were there, me and Aizawa took our stuff to our rooms. Apparently, I'm sharing with the boys either way so I'll just claim the spot near the door so I can get in and out quickly.

(I'm just going to go with class B didn't have an activity like A and just had a merry time relaxing once they arrived so...)

About twenty minutes later, class B arrived and settled in the rooms before hanging out.

"Lionel," Aizawa walked over to me as I was helping Tiger set up the outdoor cooking area the first years were going to be using tomorrow forward.

"Yes, sir?" I put the bench I was carrying down and focused on him.

"I've come to tell you that you'll be patrolling with Ragdoll during the evenings," he told me, "they just settled on who will be doing the patrols."

"With Ragdoll?" I repeated, "Alright. Sounds like fun."

Aizawa gave me that look that made me want to revise my statement.

"I mean—uh—not fun and totally serious..?" I tried to correct myself but still got that look, "I'm not all too sure what you want me to say, sir."

"Don't take this lightly," he warned, "we may be on private land that people can't get into easily without permission, but you still have to remember that these students' lives and safety are in your hands all the same. So be focused."

Pressure...

So much pressure...

"Right, of course. Sorry," I nodded, "I'll focus."

"Good," he turned and walked away.

Why is it every conversation I have with that guy I feel a tad bit more pressure on me than I did before?

"He's one hell of a terrifying person," I muttered, "perhaps this is what those kids who got him as their homeroom teacher but were expelled felt like."

Glad I don't have lessons with him very often. I don't think I'd be able to cope.

°🔥°
Hours later_

I was finishing helping Ragdoll clean up after class B finished their dinner when class A came trudging in exhaustedly.

"You guys look like you've seen hell," I joked as I walked over to the bottom of one of their tables, "curry?"

"Yes," they all nodded, their gazes made me feel like I'd suddenly become their prey.

"Calm down, guys, it's just food. You can't possibly be that hungry," I flinched under their gazes before beginning to serve out their food.

Almost as soon as the serving spoon hit their dishes, they began to wolf down their food.

"Wow... I'm... not even surprised," I backed away.

I feel like I've seen something like this before.

"They all must be very hungry since they didn't even get lunch," Pixie-Bob laughed a little as she stopped next to me, "you should go take a bath before you head out on patrol. Ragdoll will be heading out in an hour and a half. That should give you enough time."

"It's fine, I'll bathe in the morning. I will be able to get rid of any dirt and grime from the evening then," I told her, "though I will need to go dig my costume out of my bag, so I'll excuse myself."

She nodded and I left the dining hall.

I paused for a moment.

Am I weird? I don't usually get that hungry when I skip a meal. Actually, my body is probably just trained to deal with that, good thing too or I would've suffered when Aysen got me earlier this year.

"First day—er—night of patrolling," I sighed as I looked up to the ever-darkening skies, "I can already feel that fatigue running to me."

Time to work.