4

"I'll be back tomorrow morning for next quest, okay?" Hayul washed her hands and dried them on her pants.

"Is that all for today?" I proceeded to wash my hands and face after the watermelon incident.

"Yup. I have to do something else tonight so we'll leave it for today."

"Okay."

We walked back to the cabin. I didn't notice before, but her cabin was a few meters away from mine, I could see it through some trees up the hill, she pointed it to me. I thanked her for the day and went in.

She's not that bad actually. Earlier I got irritated by her weird humor, but we ended up having a nice evening, luckily.

.
.
.
I went to take a shower, my face hurt from the sunburn. I looked between my stuff and realized I actually didn't bring any first aid cream for burns. After showering, I wrapped myself with a towel and turned the cold water on, pouring some in my hands and bringing them to my face. I felt relieved for a few seconds, but the burning sensation came back quickly.

How uncomfortable.

I changed to comfy clothes and sat on the couch to watch something on the phone. There's no TV but there's good connection so at least I could watch videos or a drama. I wasn't hungry yet either.

I missed talking to my fans at night and reading their responses, and what they're doing. I miss laughing at their cute comments and reactions, this really sucks, but truthfully I deserve it so much. I can't read messages right now, but I wonder how they feel about me... what they think now of me.

I went on to social media, and as expected, only hate comments.

"He's a bully"

"He ruins the group" 

"Wow to think people defend him"

"His fans defending him are gross"

I blocked the phone and placed it upside down. Bringing my hands to cover my face, I couldn't help to tear up. It hurts so much, the fact that I hurt people and let them down like that. Maybe I should leave the group after all.

Hayul's POV

Cleaning up a bit, I found my first aid cream. Did he apply some to his face? I mean he should have brought some... right?

I hate being this attentive, but I just can't help it, I guess that's how I am.

I checked the hour, 8:00pm. It's not late yet, maybe he's eating or something. I grabbed the first aid cream and a hoodie for the cold outside and made my way down to his cabin.

The lights were off, and everything seemed quiet and silent. I wonder if he went somewhere?

Since I wasn't going to stand there all night, I decided to just leave the cream over the door so maybe he'd see it early in the morning or when he came back. I got closer to the door, and just when I bent to place the cream, I heard something.

Sobbing.

My heart hurt  immediately, those sobs sounded painful. I hesitated if I should really knock his door or leave him alone, but I know how it feels to cry alone and have no one around, I truly do, and it's horrible.

I knocked, the sobbing stopped and he sniffed. I know he heard me, that's why he stopped, but no one came out.

I knocked again, he opened the door.

"Hayul?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Can I help you?"

"I-" I remembered the cream, but it wasn't as important as his swollen face. "Are you not feeling well?"

"I told you I'm fine"

"Sam, you don't seem fine, If you want to talk then-"

"IM FINE" he yelled, not even looking at me. His eyes yelled pain, but I guess he didn't want me around. I would've usually apologized, but I think it's not fair either to yell like that when someone's just worried.

"Okay" I turned around and left

"Wait"

"'No, thanks" I said already walking away.

Hyunjin's POV:

I didn't mean to yell. It's just that I can't just tell her everything about what's going on, that's exactly what I'm not supposed to do.

I hesitated for a few seconds, but went inside and put on my shoes. I opened the second door and hit something with my foot, making me look down.

I picked up a bottle, it was a first aid cream for my face, she left it there. I'm such an idiot.

I closed the door behind me and went to apologize. She's fast, not even 5 minutes had passed and she wasn't anywhere visible. Since im not used to the zone and I don't know if it's dangerous at night, I decided to go back and apologize tomorrow morning when she comes.

I went back and directly to lay down, I wasn't even hungry, I actually haven't eaten well these few days.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up early in the morning. I changed into proper clothes for going out and had breakfast.

After a while, I hear a knock on my door, probably Hayul. I grabbed the cream she gave me, which I forgot to put on, and opened the door.

"Good morning!" She said happily. Is she for real?

"G-good morning..."

"Are you ready today?"

"How are you so-"

"Let's go! The elders are waiting for breakfast."

She started walking fast without even checking if I was there or not. I followed her.

"Hey I'm sorry for yes-"

"Listen." She turned around, "don't apologize, I'm fine."

"I acted like an idiot"

"Yes you did, but today's a new day, that's all."

This girl really... why is she so calm?

"Here's the cream, thank you for-"

"You didn't use it."

"Yes I did"

"No You didn't "

"Yes I did"

"The line is the same as yesterday "

"You check how empty or full is it?"

She turned around, making me stop. She walked straight to me and took the cream away. Agitating  the bottle, she opened it and squeezed an amount on her hand.

She placed the bottle inside her hoodie's pocket and came closer to me, way too close. I attempted to step back, but she just followed untill she was closer.

"What are you-"

She put the cream on. I just remained quiet and looked at her while she spreaded it over my burnt cheeks and nose. Clearly she has no shame when it comes to skinship.

"Hey" I said.

"Quiet"

"Wh-"

"I said quiet." She commanded, not looking at me at all but at my cheeks, while her hands massaged the skin. "If you don't take care of your skin, it'll become ugly."

I don't know why that phrase got a small chuckle out of me, and I don't know why I couldn't stop looking at her mad face.

"See?" She backed up, rubbing her hands to get rid of the rests of cream,

"You look better when you smile"