𝐭𝐞𝐧!

sap
rye

rye
what

sap
do you wanna play minecraft
with me and greg

rye
what about clay?

sap
he's shopping right now :)
and i rlly want you to meet greg

rye
when n where?

sap
hour?

rye
it's a date ;)

AN HOUR LATER

"i've played this game two times, give me a break," iris whined as sap ran after her character and punched her repeatedly. they were playing a game on hypixel—party games—and sap was not letting iris breathe. "when's greg gonna be here? i need saving."

"GREG CAN'T HELP YOU NOW!" sap screamed, still targeting her. "I JUST NEED TWO MORE STARS TO BEAT YOU—"

iris's character turned around and shot a pig at sap, immediately killing him. she shrieked in laughter, pointing at her screen in victory. "HA! SUCK ON IT!"

"what are you two talking about?" a british voice asked in disbelief. "sap, did you just lose to her?"

"i did not," sap denied as iris laughed: "he did, he did, he did."

iris tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. the first couple minutes of the phone call with sap had been awkward—neither of them knowing what to say. but then he started talking about clay and stupid stories about him, and the two bonded quickly. but now, with greg here, iris wanted to make a good first impression on clay's friends.

"imagine getting wrecked by a woman," sap muttered.

"ex-cuse me?" iris shrieked.

greg laughed. "oh my god, sapnap's been exposed! woman-hater! get him, rye—"

"sapnap?" iris questioned, frowning.

both boys froze. "uhhh..." sap trailed off. he tried to change the subject by saying, "hey, george, look at the—"

"you idiot," greg muttered, putting his head in his hands.

iris's frown deepened. "wait, your name is george?"

"oh, shit," sap whispered. finally, he sighed in defeat. "okay, yeah, his name is george. i think clay just found it funny and said his name was greg when you first asked him—"

"where did the name sapnap come from?" she asked, running around the block world. but she was confused, wondering why the name sounded so weird and yet so familiar.

sap began, "oh, it's just—"

"it's an inside joke," george explained before sapnap could open his stupid mouth again. "just keep calling him sap."

"fine." iris shot another pig at him and sap blew up. he screamed a bunch of swear words as he slammed on his desk. "loser."