||Mark||

Authors Note:

Hey guys! Sorry for being gone for so long, I've been super busy and also needed a bit of a break from writing. This chapter was hard to get through but I think it turned out alright in the end :)

Pretty big smut so brace yourselves.

Thanks again for reading!

illiteratehomebody ♥️

The loud thrum of my heartbeat was startling to my ears but I couldn't help it; I swallowed unsurely

"Baby, I—"

"No Azy, I'm serious." My dark eyes traced over her displeased pout. "I-I've been thinking about it a lot recently and what Elder Amis said...I don't want to wait anymore, I want to feel closer to you, don't you want that too?"

I licked my lips at her words, my jaw tensing as I thought about it.

The truth was, I was the one not ready for the marking. From the day we first met my daemon was insufferable, pressuring me to claim her but I just couldn't do it.

Sharing a moment like that...to me, it was intimate. I was scared of that kind of commitment—scared of binding her to me and leaving her with no escape if and when I fucked up.

It was weakness, showing that kind of fear. But for some reason, it festered and hounded me like nothing I've felt before.

"I do want that...but Rose you have to understand that this is permanent. Our souls will mesh together and we'll be mentally and emotionally tied. We wouldn't be able to live without each other..."

I trailed off as her tiny hand raised to rest on my jaw. She appeared confused and peered up at me with soft, gentle eyes, pink curls splayed out behind her back.

"Why would that be a bad thing? I want to be with you Azrael."

Her question made me pause and I knew that Bael was preening within the confines of my head, agreeing with her.

I leaned against her touch, silent; how strange it was for a faerie to be rationalizing with a daemon. I couldn't deny though that it was working, her words were comforting me some.

She wanted me, wanted to be with me. I needed to listen to her and forget about everything else.

"You're really okay with this?" I murmured in need of reassurance.

Her hand found its way to my hair and she ran her fingers through the strands that had been laid over my forehead, slightly tickling my lashes.