𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

I can't believe I kissed him

I know it wasn't a proper kiss but it was still a kiss. I wasn't even planning on kissing him, I have wanted to for a while, but we're still so young I didn't think it would happen for a long time. That's not even the weirdest part. It's the fact it made my lips feel all strange and tingly, and my body felt all warm and fuzzy.

Is that normal? Did he feel it too? Does he want to kiss me back?

I hope he felt it too, because I don't want it to ruin things. We may have only known each other for a while but we get on so well and I really like him. Maybe it was just a mistake.

I've been thinking about the kiss the whole weekend I spent with my dad, and wondering if its going change things with us. Only now I get to find out, my mom picked me up from my dads and we're nearly home but I'm starting to get nervous. What if he doesn't want to talk to me now? What if he doesn't like me now?

"Sweetie are you okay, you seem a bit upset?" I hear my mom ask as we start to drive down Orchard Lane, back to our home. "I'm fine mom, just upset to leave dad," although that's the truth it's not the full truth and I hate lying to my mom.

"Livvy, I know when you're lying. I'm not going to push you, I just hope you can talk to me about it when you're ready," I love my mom for the way she always makes me comfortable, she never makes me tell her anything and will always listen to me and give me advice when I need it. Maybe I should tell her.

But I don't have time to dwell on it for too long, because were just pulling up into our driveway. I smile at the sight before me. I never had many friends and family who really care for me, but its clear now as I look over at the Evans's that I have found a loving family in them. James is smiling as he stands by the door while Tyler and Kacy run towards us across their front lawn to see me after the weekend away.

I jump out of the car to say hello, and I realize it doesn't feel weird at all after the kiss, its completely normal.

"Olivia, I missed you so much!" I hear Kacy scream and I don't have time at al to prepare before she throw herself at me. I catch her and give her a hug. "I missed you too Kace!" I drop Kacy back to the floor and run over to Tyler.

He grabs me at the waist like I weigh nothing and wraps his arms around me like a steel band. I wrap my legs around his and hug him back, "I told you I wouldn't forget you Angel, how could I," I love his nickname for me although I would never tell him that, but it makes me feel pretty and special and I love it.

"I missed you so much Ty," I tell him as I squeeze him so hard I'm surprised he doesn't explode. He quickly pulls his face away from where it was buried in my neck and stares into my eyes, "I missed you too, Livvy."

Then he does the last thing I would expect , he kisses me on the cheek. It feels like fireworks go off in my belly from the feel, he stays there for a moment and pulls away with a smile so wide I can see it in his eyes. He drop me back to the floor and I turn to see Kacy talking with my mom and her dad, "Now angel go get dressed into something warmer, we're going to play over the park with the pond with Kacy," I smile at the idea and run and get the keys to unlock the doors from my mom and rush inside, hearing Kacy shout behind me "be quick we're waiting, Liv."

When I reach my room I grab a pair of grey jogging bottoms and find a simple long sleeved black t shirt, and quickly put them on. I rush to find my worn black chucks and lace them up as grab my blue hoodie to put on as I make my way out the door.

Kacy grabs my hand and pulls me down the street to the park, but I don't see Tyler, "Kacy where's Tyler?"

"Don't worry Liv, he's already there with his friend Logan," she assures me. Logan. He's never mentioned him to me and the fact upsets me a bit that he didn't think to tell me, when I thought we tell each other everything. But I quickly brush that thought aside when I see Tyler.

His brown hair is all messy, just how I like it. He used to style it, but I told him I liked it better without it and since then he stopped and did it the way I like. He's wearing grey joggers the same as me and a black hoodie. A boy I don't recognize stands next to him. He's a little shorter than Ty, but he's wearing similar clothes and sticks his hand out for me to take. I shake his hand but it doesn't feel the same as when Tyler did it. Strange.

"Logan this is Olivia, Olivia this is Logan," Tyler introduces.

I begin to get uncomfortable when Logan keeps staring at me, but Ty hits him around the back of the head and whispers something to him which seems to make him stop.

We spend as long as we can out, but as it begins to get dark we go back to our houses.

I walk through the front door and hear mom shout from the dining room, "Hey sweetie, did you have fun?" I walk into the room and sit next to her, "yeah it was good mom, thanks for letting me go,"

I wonder if I should ask, but I need someone older to tell me its normal and there's no reason to worry.

"Can I ask for advice mom?"

"Of course hun, what's the matter?" I decide I should ask because its been eating at me all weekend, "Nothing I'm okay, but I kissed Tyler on the cheek before I left for dads and he kissed me back when we got home. That doesn't mean anything does it? We're still friends, right?"

My mom notices the worry in my voice and comforts me "Oh babe, it's fine you're still friends don't worry. Little things like that don't mean anything when you're friends. Don't stress about it, it's normal."

"Thank you mom I love you, I'm going to get to bed now I'm really tired," and I make my way upstairs to get ready for bed.

As I go to close my curtains at my balcony, I notice Tyler. "Goodnight," I mouth hoping me can see me properly in the dark, and when he does it back I know he did. I close my curtains and climb into bed with a smile on my face as I fall asleep.

 I close my curtains and climb into bed with a smile on my face as I fall asleep