𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏. love is patient, love is kind.

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

STARCROSSED (book one)

°• CHAPTER ELEVEN •°

" YOU USED TO TELL ME THE
STARS HAVE STORIES. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

trigger warning from your local boring author: the end of this chapter contains a lot of violence, slurs, and physical assault. i don't mean to spoil anything but i wouldn't want a topic i write to have a horrible affect on any of my readers. please skip the last chapter separator with a star if any of this is triggering to you - and you can always message me if you need to talk. love u guys, i'll talk more at the end of the chapter!

ELIJAH WOLFHART REALLY FUCKED UP. Correction - he was the definition of fucked up. It took him longer than it should have to realize there was really something wrong with him. Mentally, he had to have been on the same level as his mother. There had been so many days that he struggled to get out of bed which then soon led to his grades plummeting faster than a sinking ship. The darkness over the boat held more secrets than the stars. He knew they were secretly in disguise of the Demogorgon, watching, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He felt like a passenger that had jumped overboard to save themselves. It then filled Elijah's lungs with water, burned like flames in his chest, and no matter how deep he sunk, he just wouldn't die.

It started the morning of October 29th, 1984. Two nights before Halloween. Nevaeh had been home for nearly two months now. She was just starting to feel comfortable again. The Wolfhart siblings were horrified of the dark but they were grateful Tobia didn't ask questions about their refusal to shut the lights off when it was late. There was a night that the power had gone out due to some awful storm that ended up waking Elijah.

He was draped in a sheet of sweat that soaked through his clothes. Elijah's eyes, unsettled, locked on his window. He watched it light up every few minutes with a bolt of lighting and flinched at every clap, so loud he swore it shook the walls. The flicker of lights reminded Elijah of the string of Christmas lights in the Byers house. The noise, it was as loud as the roar the awful monster made followed by gunshots. He couldn't move. The darkness had blinded him before swallowing him whole and rendered him of shifting a single limb.

There was no blocking it out. There was no running.

Elijah had suddenly sat straight when he thought the air had finally been sucked out of his lungs and left a terrifying emptiness that couldn't be filled. There was a creak outside of his door. It was so quiet he would have missed it if he hadn't nearly been killed by a monster before. Elijah kicked his blanket off and bolted like a flash to where he kept his handy, wooden baseball bat hidden next to his dresser.