Prologue

Never in her life had she ever enjoyed the company of Peter Parker.

He was annoying, and way too cheery. He always had that stupid, goofy grin on his face. And his brown hair, which for some reason always looked to be in dire need of a haircut, always sat messily on top of his head. His stupid brown eyes always held a sort of mischief in them. They were taunting, acting as if they somehow knew more than her. Even if they had been in the exact same classes since preschool.

"Morning, Sunshine," he greeted with a blinding smile.

But nothing on his stupid body could compare to his annoying voice. It was always so happy and playful and airy. He was sweet, but in the way you could just tell he was being a tease. He enjoyed poking fun of her and getting under her skin. And, from always being around her, he'd quickly learned what remarks to make that would bash her uptight persona.

She rolled her eyes, turning in her chair so her back was facing him. At her nonverbal shutdown, the boy laughed. He started to take out his notebook and whatnot for that class.

He tilted his head to the side after a few minutes and she still hadn't turned back to face the front of the class. With a sigh, he lightly tapped her shoulder with the eraser part of his pencil, "Why so mad? I haven't said anything out of the ordinary yet."

"Notice how you said 'yet'," she turned her head in the slightest bit. The corners of his lips perked up just a bit from seeing her shift. The girl couldn't see him though, "Why don't you go ahead and play on your phone or something. Occupy yourself enough to leave me alone. Okay, Parker?"

"Sure thing, l/n," he didn't protest at all.

They sat next to each other without uttering another word. They waited about ten minutes for class to start, listening to various other classmates' conversations. When class finally did start, people went silent and listened to the lesson.

Well mostly anyways.

"Pst— Parker," a kid whispered. She tapped his shoulder from behind, a note in the hand she wasn't using to get his attention. It caught the attention of the two kids in front of her sharing a desk— Peter and y/n.

He turned around and flashed a smile, "Yeah?"

The girl in the desk behind them grinned as well. She glanced towards y/n as she handed Peter the note, "It's from Flash."

The words registered within both of their minds in an instant. Scowls presented on their faces as the two turned back around to face the front of the classroom. Y/n l/n and Peter Parker may not have had much in common, but they shared on thing.

A hatred for Flash.

"For you," he stated sourly. He had placed the note in between his index finger and middle finger. Offering her the note, he gave a sorrowful expression to go with it. "Maybe you'll get lucky and he isn't asking you out on a date again this time."

She nodded, muttering a quick prayer under her breath before quickly opening it. She'd learned it was easier to just quickly get it over with instead of prolonging the opening of a note.

Heard you liked poets, so he's some poetry for you:

This may sound corny, but I am really horny
Let's sneak off to my bed, and you can give me head

-Flash ;)

Peter noted the look of disgust on her face and snatched the piece of paper from her. She let him. She always did. Even if she hated his guts, when it came to matters involving Flash, they'd team up.

His face mimicked hers once he'd read the note. They looked at each other before turning around to see Flash's smirking face. His buddies were cheering him on, enabling his rude, and rather disgusting, manners.

"Fuck off," Peter mouthed. Flash ignore him.

He looked at y/n and raised his brows, waiting for an answer to his note. Did he really expect to get a yes? "No." She mouthed it without any emotion.

"Y/n, Peter," the teacher got the pair's attention. She looked at the two with a raised brow. They'd been caught not paying attention again. "May I have an answer to the question on the board?"

Peter only took a quick second to look at it, "y=-3x+5." It was honestly rather simple math.

The teacher narrowed her eyes at the pair before continuing on with her lesson. Though it was refreshing to have two brilliant kids in her class, it did get rather annoying at times. It was hard to prove that they should pay attention in class when they weren't if they could pick up on things so quickly. Maybe they should just skip a grade of something.

Class came to an end with a loud sound of a bell. Kids shoved books into their bags and shuffled out of the classrooms and into the halls, on their way to their next class.

Y/n finished packing up before Peter. As per usual. Except, instead of leaving without a word like she usually would, today she placed a wrapped gift on his desk. It was small, meaning it was either something really expensive or something really cheap.

Peter would like it either way. He was getting a gift from the y/n l/n after all.

"Happy thirteenth," she mumbled before exiting the class.

Peter stared at the small package on his desk. His eyes widened slightly and his mouth gaped. He could feel his heart start to race as a blush painted across his cheeks. The back of his hand came up to his mouth, and he forced his eyes to the ground.

"How did she even remember?"