finding out

Ages: Bumi: 12 Kya: 7

Katara stood in the little bathroom, frozen, not moving a muscle, looking at nothing...her hand that was on her mouth to block her from screaming traveled to her flat abdomen...her last cicle was before the last full moon...so that meant- It could be other reasons...maybe too much stress? The kids were a lot to handle maybe it was- who she was trying to fool...she was- she was...she was-
"MOMMY!!" said Kya shouting from outside the door.
"you okay mom?" asked Bumi
Katara stayed quiet trying to figure out what to say, she took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Im fine, come on, lets get breakfast" said her, a loving smile on her features.

"Yay!" screamed Kya jumping uo and down, on the other hand...Bumi knew something was bothering her mom, she was a little nervous and his little sister couldn't see it, they made their way to the kitchen and Katara made them two bowls of rice with honey and fruits inside, the two began eating but stopped when they saw that their mother wasnt.

"you dont want breakfast mom?" said Kya A little confused
"I feel a little sick sweetie so I dont feel like eating now" answered Katara simply, Bumi continued eating as Katara began fidgeting with her fingers, looking a little worried.

Im just overthinking, Ill tell Aang and itll be alright...another baby, I have three kids now...its so much to handle-

"you sure that youre fine mom?" Bumis voice made her out of her thoughts, facibg her son she spoke "Bumi, well talk later, ok?"

Bumi gave her a confused look but nodded, "Is it grown up stuff? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS!" Kya began slightly bouncing on the chair "sweetie, you just have to be patient" said her gently caressing her daughter cheek as Kya melted in her touch.

"fine..." said the little girl, at that point the door opened and Aang entered in the room "DAD!" Kya rushed to her father that instantly captured her in a bear hug, Bumi followed, he ruffled his hair "how u doin' bud?" "mh good" said the kid looking at his mum.

Aang made his way to Katara who was still sitting on the chair, massaging her temples, her eyes closed. He gave her a kiss on the cheek when she opened her eyes and gave him a quick smile "hey, whats wrong?" whispered him "Im fine...I just have a bad headache" said her looking down, he knew that that was not the issue but stated quiet and nodded, the kids were there.

"Bumi, can you go playing with your sister for a bit?"  said Katara to her son

"sure, come on sis" He picked Kyas hand and headed to her room.

Once alone Aang began picking up their sons bowl and started washing them, "Aang todays my turn to-" "but youre sick so we make an exception" answered him, Katara sighed "thanks" Aang smiled, "Aang I- this morning was...busy" "Im sorry, Sokka needed me at the council and- ugh" "no, no I understand..." the truth was: she wanted him to be there when she discovered it, so that she didn't have to tell him, but she just discovered 30 minutes ago, she wasnt sure and this wasnt the right moment.

"Can you go to the market today? Were finishing the tea" "um, I van ask the acolytes so I can stay with you-" "They always got wrong my favourite" she lied "um fine, the lychee one, right?" "right" she smiled, she needed Aang outside of the house for a bit, she needed to see someone.

3 hours later

"Sokka?" said Katara through the
"um yeah, Katara?"
"yup its me...I still dont even really know how to use this thing"
Sokka chuckled through the
"same, so why you called?"
Katara stayed quiet for a bit
"Katara?"
"um, can you come over? now?"
"I- coming." He hung up, 20 minutes after someone knocked at the door.

Katara opened to see Sokka standing on the doorway "when you call this sudden its 1 you need me to babysit Kya and Bumi or 2 youre pregnant...again" Katara winced at her brothers words "where are the kids? You dont have to tell me anything I know theyre bedtimes and-"  "where are the kids?" repeated him "with the acolytes" said Katara, "where?" "with the acolytes" repeated Katara, louder this time, Sokka stayed quiet for a bit "oh" was all he could say, then next thing she knew was that she was captured in a crushing hug, Sokka wrapped his arms around her like he always did.

he released the hug, and looked at her, he let out a whimper of joy the hugged her again, he smiled at her brothers childish habits "Sokka, stop your hurting me!" "Im an Uncle of three! Can you believe that?" he let oit another little scream "so you think I can handle three kids?"
"Katara, you AND Aang can handle three kids, its not that big of a deal" said him calmly
"said the one without children"
"hey! I made the choice to be the best uncle ever, Im fine with it"
Katara looked down
"Kat, look at me come on, it fine" a smile revealed on Sokkas features as Katara faced him and hugged him, sighing she said "thanks...I needed this"

Katara layed on her bed, tired by her day, Aang next to her.
She sighed...do it, come on
He turned to her, then cupped her cheek
"Are you feeling any better?"
"no, not really I have thus headache and didnt have the time to heal it"
"If thats like when you were pregnant with Bumi it wont go away with healing powers but only with that horrible smelling tea" Aang made a face at the thought
"yeah, I should make some" said Katara, but then froze "what did you just said?" said her confused "arent you pregnant?" said Aang calmly, "I- yes I am" "thats what I thought" said him hugging her tighter.

"what..." muttered Katara
"you were nauseous for like a month from now, the headaches, the tiredness, you being nervous and most importantly you made me go out to talk with your brother" said him slightly smiling
"youre good" said her impressed
"sure am, after two kids"
they stayed quiet for what seemed a couple minutes
"so, if its a boy I was thinking Tenzin" said Aang excited
"uuu I like that one, and if its a girl Kanna like my grandmother" said Katara excited as well, like nothing happened
"deal" said him

A/N: this chapter was just cute to write, In not proud and Im not ashamed of this, I just wrote it yk BUT I love the end, it just shows how pure and genuine Katara and Aang are, theyre just excited that theyre going to have another baby, like kids when you gave them a new toy.
lmk what u think! :)

PS: I feel like Katara never did all the chores in the house, Katara and Aang had them divided between the two of them, so one day Aang washed the dishes and another day Katara was going to wash them, Katara being a woman didnt mean that she had to clean and cook, and Aang undertood that perfectly. (thats why Katara complains about Aang washing them on her day)