To Battle Once Again

"Diluc," the man that you were talking to said before holding out his hand to shake yours. "Its nice to meet you y/n."

"Nice to meet you Diluc," you smiled and took his hand.

"To apologize for my actions, would you like to come over to my mansion for dinner," Diluc offered, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh wow," your eyes sparkled. "Dinner would be great."

Diluc started walking, "Very well. Go to the Dawn Winery mansion and say that I invited you."

Staring at his scarlet eyes, you shivered at how emotionless he looked. It wasn't too different from yourself.

"Oh?" You questioned as you jogged up to him when you realized that he was already a small distance away from you. "Sorry but I don't really know where that is."

"You can go to the city and ask for directions there," Diluc continued his fast pace as if he was trying to distance himself from you as much as possible.

You stared at his back as his hair swang back and forth from the wind. Looking down, you suddenly noticed Diluc clenching his hand.

Could he be uncomfortable with inviting you? Maybe it would simply be better if you rejected his offer. If there was one thing that made you feel incredibly bad, it was forcing people into things that they didn't want to do.

Thinking about the current predicament, you realized that Diluc was most likely inviting you because of what had happened earlier.

"Wait," you grabbed his wrist. "If you feel uncomfortable with this, you don't need to do it. You really don't need to apologize."

Diluc's eyes glazed over, "What do you mean?"

"Its exactly as I said," you shrugged. "You don't really need to treat me. Anyway, its also my fault for training in the middle of nowhere."

"If you-" before he could continue his sentence, Diluc suddenly stopped and summoned his sword, gripping the hilt from his back.

Simultaneously, you also brought your spear out and held it in both hands. Something was there. You both could feel it in the air. A sudden change in the environment.

"Can you sense that," Diluc muttered to you. "Someone's there."

"Yeah," you nodded, gripping your spear tighter.

Before anyone could react, you jumped past the trees and attacked a Fatui agent that had been hiding there waiting for an opening. Unfortunately, your spear had missed him by a millimeter thanks to his reflexes.

"Mis-" before he could even say anything, your eyes turned ice cold as you gave a deadly glare towards the agent who started shaking in freight.

Diluc too jumped to attack the agent who was already terrified at the moment. Calling out a blast of flame to enshroud his claymore, Diluc attacked the Fatui and sent him flying. Quickly standing up, the Fatui summoned his three blades to circle him and turned invisible to hide his attacks.

Closing his eyes, Diluc heightened his other senses just like he had trained and waited for the Fatui agent to attack. He had been trained to fight all sorts of enemies whether they were stronger than him, faster than him, outnumbered him or, or even invisible. This was a piece of cake for him.

Holding up his claymore, he heard the shuffling of dirt near him and swang his sword towards the noise. To the agents surprise, the slash of Diluc was scarily precise and hit him exactly in the stomach. Defeated, the agent fell to his knees and disappeared into sparkling particles.

"Incredible," you clapped your hands. "Truly remarkable."

After the agent was defeated, Diluc quickly started walking towards his mansion. He was suspicious. He was suspicious of you. Though he acted like he didn't hear the Fatui, he was pretty confident that the Fatui was about to say 'Miss' right before you had attacked him. Could it be that you were the secret Harbinger that Kaeya had told him about?

You had just appeared recently, it would go with the time of when Kaeya had told him. You had acted suspicious when the agent had appeared.

He wasn't exactly sure whether you were the Harbinger or not. But, it was clear to him that he needed to keep a close eye on you.

Looking at you, Diluc said, "I look forward to seeing you tonight."

It was clear that if Diluc wanted to be sure of your identity, he would need to spend a little more time with you. After all, as the saying goes, 'Keep your friends close but your enemies closer'.

He shouldn't let his guard down around you. You were on his blacklist, a possible suspect. He would keep his eye on you and check to see if his suspicions are correct or not.

"Diluc!" You suddenly shouted, bringing Diluc out of his thoughts.

All Diluc could see was your speedy figure as you ran behind him with your spearhead positioned forward. He heard a stab and as soon as he turned his head, he saw you bleeding on the ground while a Cicin Mage slowly disappeared into thin air. You had taken an attack on your side to save him.

"Why," Diluc asked you as he immediately knelt down and removed his black coat to place it over your injury. "Why did you save me? You barely know me."

Diluc clicked his tongue and continued to put pressure on your injury to stop your bleeding. It was all his fault for diverting his attention to suspecting you and not staying alert. Now because of his insolence, you were injured in his place.

"Hey, y/n," Diluc called out but it was no use. You were already losing consciousness from the powerful electro attack that you had taken head on.

The red head took you in his arms and quickly ran towards a teleport point. You were losing blood far too quickly He needed to bring you to his mansion as fast as possible to have the maids fix you up.

"Idiot," Diluc muttered as he pushed himself to run faster with you in his arms. "You shouldn't try and save strangers."

~~~~~

"Tsaritsa," a masked Fatui knelt on his knee and bowed his head. "It is confirmed that she has gone rogue."

"My, my, my," a cold voice resounded through the icy throneroom. "To think my little fox betrayed me. Y/n, you're going to regret ever going against my orders."