128

"You! Why would you do that!?" Evelina shouted and looked down at her stained gown. Her favorite gown is ruined! Ruined! The wine stain will definetly be difficult to get rid off due to the gown's light color...

"Sorry lady Evelina... I didn't mean it! It's merely an accident... Don't be mad." Alice took another glass of wine and turned to Evelina, appearing distressed as she said, "Please forgive me lady Evelina. If you're mad then..."

Alice poured the wine on the skirt of her own dress.

"What..." Evelina was stunned. Before she knew it, people were crowding around her and Alice, watching them and excitedly gossiping.

"Did lady Evelina just scream at that young lady from the Illiya family?"

"I never expected lady Evelina, who's usually so shy and delicate, to shout so loudly..."

"I'm quite disappointed. I never expected such unruly behavior from lady Evelina..."

"It was merely an accident. Why did she have to scream at lady Alice that way?"

Evelina was completely dumbfounded at her hearing their whispers. She was the one who got wine poured on her most treasured gown! Why are they looking at her like she's the evildoer!?

"Evelina you little wench!" Rienne, who wasn't paying attention to the commotion before, rushed Alice in a hurry. She wasn't completely aware of what happened but all that was important now is that she can't let Evelina bully Alice!

"Alice, are you alright? What happened!?" Rienne questioned impatiently.

"It's my fault. I accidentally spilled wine on lady Evelina... Therefore It's only right for me to pour wine on myself!" Alice lowered her head in shame.

"What!? I have never heard such a thing!? It was an accident! Why should you do that to yourself!? Hmph! Why feel sorry for spilling wine on her? I personally take pleasure from it!" Rienne grabbed a glass of wine from the table by them and splashed it all over Evelina's head.

"Ahh!" Evelina screamed. Her body shuddered as the cold wine was dumped all over her.

"...." The hall immediately quietened down after gasping.

Rienne's hatred towards Evelina wasn't hidden at all but no one expected her to do such an act...!

No one knew how proud duchess Balloria is of her daughter  at this moment. Meanwhile duke Balloria bowed his head and sighed. His daughter truly takes after his wife...

"How could you!" Evelina is almost completely soaked. Her hair was dripping with wine and her gown was wet! She has never been treated so horribly all her life!

"What? Which young man are you going to seduce to help you this time?" Rienne crossed her arms and glared at the kneeling young lady with a gaze made of disdain.

"Lady Rienne, it was really my fault! Don't treat lady Evelina this way..." Alice took out a handkerchief and knelt beside Evelina to wipe her dripping wet blonde hair. As she carefully "helped'' Evelina, she whispered into her ears.

"B*tch, you murdered my brother. You think I was just gonna stand aside and let you off?"

Evelina's pupils shrank and shivers ran down her spine. Alice's voice was much colder than before. It gave off an unsettling feeling in one's heart.

"Don't help her, Alice!" Rienne pulled Alice up and had a maid take her away to change.

"Eve!" Alex ran out of the crowd and covered Evelina with his coat. He helped her up and looked at Rienne with disgust.