Delightful Dining... Not

Groggily opening your eyes, you were greeted by a blonde haired maid staring at you.

"Master Diluc!" The maid suddenly cried out to your surprise. "She's awake!"

You rubbed your eyes as you tried to adjust to the light that had blinded you. All the while, Diluc walked into the room to see how you were faring.

"Thank goodness," Diluc sighed as he rubbed his forehead. "I don't want your death to be on my shoulders."

"Thats a bit rude for someone who saved your life," you glared at him while sitting up and crossing your arms in disappointment.

"I didn't ask you to save my life," Diluc scoffed. "But nonetheless, thank you."

You blushed when he had said thank you to you not expecting any thanks. Usually, when you helped people, they didn't usually give you any thanks but here Diluc was thanking and taking care of you when he could have just left you in the forest to die. It was unexpected to say the least especially with the experiences you had painfully accumulated in the past.

"Your welcome," you gave a genuine smile, happy that you were able to have such an experience.

Nodding his head, Diluc left the room leaving you and the maid in silence. The blonde maid started tidying up the room and bring out clothes for you while you stepped out of bed swaying back and forth. You could feel an aching pain at your hip from the injury that you had gotten.

"Miss," the maid walked towards you helping you towards a mirror. "Please allow me to fix you up. I shall make you presentable for your dinner with Master Diluc in two hours."

"How long have I been out?" You asked the maid as she continued her work.

"Around an hour," she answered, looking through different outfits to have you wear.

"Ok," you nodded in understanding. "Thank you um..."

"Lauren," she smiled. "My name is Lauren Miss y/n."

"Well then thank you Lauren," you grinned feeling a comb run through your hair.

"Of course Miss," she said.

~~~~~

A long hour and a half had passed since Lauren had started fixing you up. After a very unwanted and traumatizing makeover, it was finally done and according to Lauren, you were presentable enough to have a dinner with Master Diluc.

Wearing a light white and blue gradient knee high dress, the light coloring of the dress accented your eye color. Your hair was braided to the side with causal dot sized pearls decorating it. You wore slightly heeled shoes that in all honesty didn't do much to increase your own short height.

"Its a formal dinner with the owner of Dawn Winery, Master Diluc," Lauren had explained to you while she painstakingly placed each of the pearls on your hair one by one. "So as a maid of this mansion, it is my duty to make you presentable for this dinner of thanks."

"Fine," you sighed, losing all hope of being able to escape the clutches of the terrifying maid.

"You look beautiful," Lauren beamed as she helped you up from your seat and guided you towards the full-body mirror that sat at the corner of the room. "You truly are a sight to behold My Lady."

You stared at yourself in front of the mirror. It was clear how much effort was put into fixing you up for the dinner. Without a doubt, Lauren had fixed you up well enough for you to be able to be seen as a noble lady of high status. You looked much more elegant than compared to your everyday outfit though, that much was to be expected.

"Thank you for your hard work," you smiled.

"Of course," she said as she opened the door for you. "Now please allow me to guide you towards the dining room."

With Lauren in front of you, the two of you walked through the long hallway of the mansion towards the dining room that was extravagantly prepared. Various kinds of food filled the table and flowers accented the full table.

There stood Diluc in his usual black outfit - well with a more formal shirt - waiting for you by the table.

"Good evening y/n," Diluc said as he sat down at one end of the able.

Around three chairs away, you sat down at the other end, "Good evening Master Diluc. The food looks delicious."

"Compliments to the chef," Diluc replied indifferently.

The two of you began eating, a awkward silence filling the room. The silence continued to loom to the point where you couldn't stand it anymore.

"Please excuse me," you sat up from your chair before pushing it back in place.

Heading towards the hallway, you walked around looking for a restroom relying on what you remembered when Lauren had guided you. Unfortunately, the mansion was gigantic and you were now lost in the maze of a hallway. Doors left and right but you couldn't recall where the restroom was.

"The restroom is just up ahead to your left," you heard the voice to Diluc from behind you.

"Master Diluc?" You turned around in surprise as you saw him leaning on the wall, arms crossed.

"Ah," you gave an awkward laugh. "Thank you."

You quickly rushed towards the restroom, following the directions that Diluc had given you. After locking the door and cooling your head a bit, you were finally ready. Saying you were uncomfortable with how tense the dinner was was an understatement. You were never one for formal dinners or formal anything. The room would always be so tense and it was hard to do much of anything.

Sighing, you left the restroom with hesitation and spotted Diluc waiting for you.

"Sorry about that," you fumbled with your fingers in embarrassment.

"Dont worry about it," Diluc started walking. "I expected that you would get lost. The mansion is pretty big."

You laughed and stared at the walls, "Sorry, I'm not really one for formal things. I don't really know how to approach it. I feel like I made everything awkward."

"I'm not one for formal settings either," Diluc gave you a small smile. "This is what I get for leaving this to the maids. I didn't know how to thank and apologize to you so I left it to them and apparently it turned into a giant mess."

"Shall we ditch the dinner then," you grabbed his wrist and pulled him along with you towards the front door which was in your view.

"Wait-"

You continued to drag him with you into the grape farm of the mansion, crystalflies flitting around and lighting up the night. The full moon shone with a bright brilliance and the stars glittered the sky like millions of jewels.

"I'll take this view as my thanks," you looked up at Diluc. "So there is no need to find a way to repay me."