Chapter 70

I make it back to class without even having to go to see alpha Vincent. "What was that about?" Tomas wants to know just as we finish packing for the day.

"Malic wanted to talk to me," I don't look over at him, "he said something was off and I had to tell him about us, so now he knows." He opens the door for me and I get in, Tomas only nods his understanding before he drives me home.

"I guess I'll be back around three thirty cause we leave at four?"

"Yeah," I nod and he leans in giving me a kiss on the cheek. I'll give it a solid two years. What the hell does he know? He just love to pick on me, asshole. I leave his car and he doesn't leave until I'm in the elevator.

"She's back!" Tili hugs me. "Everyone's packing! We literally have an hour!"

"I know," I move past her going into my room, I change into a simple beige square tank top and the same colour joggers. I go under my bed to grab the duffel bag I once brought with me to Malic's place, I start to pack not letting any memories cloud me.

I take it upon myself to take my makeup off, before getting called to my parents room so I can take care of my little brother as my mother finishes up. From downstairs I hear Bailey greet Tomas so time must be moving quite fast.

Tili comes back with the keys to the car we'll take and by the looks of it my father took my quite seriously. We take a seven seater with me driving, Bailey in shot gun, mother and father in the middle row with Nathan in the middle, and Tili and Tomas at the back.

Bailey debated hard for that spot and that is what we eventually agreed on, before stating the car I push my car a little forward then head off in the direction of the highway.

The hour and a half hour ride starts off fun like every other road trip but seeing as we left quite late miss DJ over here gets tired as the sky coats black, we have her R&B playlist playing in a low volume since or little bother decided to snooze off too.

The relief I feel when we're surrounded by nothing but trees and we're stuck on a thigh path before a grand house appears and the path extends. Just looking at the prolonged grey roof and walls me sigh, my ass fucking hurts.

I come to a stop in front of my two uncles, sadly a few years back my mothers oldest brother died, now it's just them two. Before I can even cut the engine my uncle, Raf, is opening my door and I take my key out and jump right into his arms.

"Isn't it my favourite niece!" He picks me up spinning me. All at once the memories of spending Christmas' and birthdays play. "You haven't grown a bit!" He puts me down, "But something changed, did your hair grow?"

I look down at my half up half down hair. "Probably a few inches." I look back up to see he's looking at my shoulder.

"Ah," he raises an eyebrow, "that's new." I follow his gaze to my mark before turning to my other uncle, Samuel.

"Come here!" He drags me and I move, gladly, and get squished into another hug. They then move to my parents seeing Nathaniel for the second time before the only introduction left is Tomas'.

"Uncles, this is my beta, Tomas." I look over at my father, should I mention he's also my second chance mate?

"Nice to officially meet you," Tomas greets them with a wide smile.

"The pleasure all our," uncle Sam returns a smile holding out a hand for Tomas to shake and then he does the same to Raf. "Come in, dinner has just begun. Leave the car, we'll take care of that later. Come, come!"

My father takes the lead with Nathan Nathan in his car seat and mom next to them, Bailey and Tili set before us leaving Tomas and I at the back. I glance over at him to trying get a feeling of how he's doing, is he really that okay with it? Does he even want to be here?

He meets my gaze, the green of his eyes are tinted with the dark of the sky, I feel his fingertips graze down my forearm, the electricity of his touch send goosebumps all over before I feel him lace our hands together. That's a good sign right?

"Turn your big head around," I hear Bailey says then turn to her forcing Tili's head forward.

"Shut up!" Tili smacks her hand away. "My head isn't big."

"How would you know? I'm the one that can see it, even from a mile away." Bailey her shoved sending her laughing.

"Kids," my father warns.

"You see what you do?" Bailey lowers her voice.

"What I do?! I f-ing hate you!"

"Don't hurt yourself swearing." I believe Tili mouths something making Bailey laugh a little harder before she throughs a fit and storms off in front.

We arrive at the double doors and they swing open, nothing has changed the slightest since I last and here, the tiles are still blinging white, the stair case to the first floor is still planted in centre of the open space.

We're led to the dinner hall but you can hear that racket before we step in. "Hey look she's here!" Someone calls as we look out into the pool of faces, all my cousins, as well as the pack who live here, are already seated.

Emmanuel, a tall dark skin beta, comes our way. "You can go on ahead with Emmanuel here," Uncle Sam says, "I'll take care of your parents."

"Hey midget!" Emmanuel takes it upon himself to pat me on the head.

"I told you not to call me that!" I shove his hand and he lets out a laugh.

"You must be the new beta." He turns to Tomas.

"Yeah, I'm Tomas."

"Oh I know." He starts to lead us away, I pass my other family smiling at them and occasionally giving a little wave when they do. We stop in the middle where there's four empty seats opposite each other, Bailey and Tili take a side and so do Tomas and I.

"Look who finally decided to come back," I smile at Ethan's approach, Ethan is the second of uncle Raf's children-since everyone is family here-and is also just a few inches taller making it easier for me to hit him at times. "You haven't grown an inch."

"You're lucky you're across the table!" I eye him. Before I can get dragged into any more convosations I introduce Tomas. "Tomas, this is part of my family, more of them are spread out."

"Tomas...?" Ethan questions.

"Hall." He finishes.

"Nice to meet you Tomas Hall." Ethan starts a conversation going with Tomas.

"Nadia!" A sweet voice next to Emmanuel calls, Kelly I think it is, his mate. She has blonde curls that stop just short at he shoulders.

"Hey girl, how you doing?" Kelly and Emmanuel are part of the seven I constantly hang with here, it is too numbered out here to be hanging out with everyone, but I do try.

"Babe, swap seats with me!" Emmanuel moves gladly without thought swapping seat so Kelly can move closer. "It has been too long," she takes me in fro a side hug, "I'm doing great, you?"

"Yeah, I'm good." Kelly and I go off into more chatter as the dinner finally starts, more and more cousins get dragged into our conversation making it more so a group discussions.

Privacy? Haven't heard of it in this house.